ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1994 172'd Mk1 Valver Track Car

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
'tis a shame you didnt get the colour you wanted, but still a great colour a great job and its practice for next winter ;)

Hats off to you lad.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Ohhhhhhh Bless ya. That sounded like such a mint idea. Its a real shame it was wrong. However i love the colour you have done and it looks great.

I look forward to seeing it as a track day soon :)

BMW M5 & E36
:clown:

Cheers for some positive comments, made me feel slightly better about it!

Daz, I'll still be quicker even in non-cup form ;)

RB 197
Popped round tonight, looks mean in the flesh, even being the wrong colour can't fault it that it'll look mega when it's back together.

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
Excuse me and wots wrong with naples

theres nothing wrong with naples
limpwrist.gif

Trophy #473
Pictures dont really do that justice tbh.

I would also like to add, seeing as chris has never sprayed before he was pretty damn good from the off! And spraying a cage is hard work!

Awsome Williams 3 rep ;)

BMW M5 & E36
Well well well, it's done!

I had today booked off work to get the rest of the outside prepped and painted, so after waking up at 12 I made a start. Popped out for a while to pick up some halogen work lights from machine mart, they helped no end when painting and pretty cheap too.

Pushed inside, jacked up and put on stands to make it easier to get at the sills. Then masked the inside off:

IMG_3652-1024.jpg

IMG_3653-1024.jpg

IMG_3654-1024.jpg

And then, as if by magic:

IMG_3655-1024.jpg

IMG_3656-1024.jpg

IMG_3657-1024.jpg

IMG_3658-1024.jpg

IMG_3659-1024.jpg

IMG_3661-1024.jpg

IMG_3662-1024.jpg

IMG_3664-1024.jpg

IMG_3665-1024.jpg

IMG_3666-1024.jpg

Couldnt resist peeling a bit of masking paper off! (Inside dirty from sanding the outside)

IMG_3667-1024.jpg

:D

BMW M5 & E36
Shells finished yep, going to get the car running and ready to go and then do the panels before oulton if I have time, if not they can be done after.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
nice work, wish i had the room to store the car and all my stuff like you have!

BMW M5 & E36
My couple of new lights, helped out no end when painting :)

120420101136.jpg

Outside and started putting a few bits back on

130420101139.jpg

Mega pleased with how this is going to look, similar to Mk2 dash strips that people fart about painting, but slightly more solid :D

130420101138.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
NICE!!!!

How much flatting and polishing you got to do do you think? I'd leave it a good couple of weeks before you mess with it mind! Will be soft as fook!

I think I actually prefer it in that colour! Looks a lot less try hard if you get me.

BMW M5 & E36
There are a few areas which could do with a bit of wet sanding, then it ideally all needs cutting back afterwards. Not something I can do by hand so I'm hoping to get a hand from someone with a machine polisher. Going to leave it for a bit yet though as you say :)

I prefer the colour to 449 now if I'm honest, much brighter and more modern, got a bit of something to it rather than just being boring old dark blue, if that makes sense!