ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 owners with ITG filters...

RB 197 fatty
.....any good?

I hear through the magical grape vine that was Mark Fish when i payed him a visit last week they could help smooth out my flat spot at 2500rpm???...and imrove overall acceleration smoothness??

Only £50 odd, so even if they slightly make a difference ill prob splash out!

Oh, and i guess its worth the extra 10er to get the itg one rather than the k-tec one???

If i do go for it....anyone want my almost new renault panel filter? done about 200 miles after fishy has fitted it!

cheeeers, NORMY xxxx

Clio 1970000000
My 197 is the same. Probably need a remap to remove the flat spot. Gives the engine character so when I get to 3000rpm > :race:

Was a 197
just take the air filter cap off for a nice low torque grunt!!! Dont do much really cleaner air i suppose for engine, that abt it!!

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
i took my airbox top off and yeh it sounds amazing but i did a quick drive with the airbox top on and then pulled in, pulled the filter out and it was cold (cold air going through it)

then did the same drive with it off, pulled in and took the filter out and it was really really hot, the rubber round the top of the box was roasting and the filter was really hot aswell, so it lets hot air in if you leave the top off, hot air is not good at all imo

just my input on the subject

Swift Sport
i took my airbox top off and yeh it sounds amazing but i did a quick drive with the airbox top on and then pulled in, pulled the filter out and it was cold (cold air going through it)

then did the same drive with it off, pulled in and took the filter out and it was really really hot, the rubber round the top of the box was roasting and the filter was really hot aswell, so it lets hot air in if you leave the top off, hot air is not good at all imo

just my input on the subject

I don't think it makes any difference though dude, I asked Icarus who runs a Britcar race Clio and he said it probably made no significant difference.

RS RIP
2500 rpm flat spot will prove to be "very difficult" to get rid of.. Different cams, whenever some decent ones will be made for the 197, will be the only answer me thinks.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
not sure about the 197 but test have shown that yes paper filters flow better than foam filters, but foam filters keep their air flow consistent over use, paper ones lose flow over time