ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197---Anyone removed first CAT?

Clio RS 197
has anybody removed the pre-cat aswel as the main cat?

I have removed that main one but was thinking about removing the pre-cat too.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
ffffffffffllllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttt ssspppppppppppooooooooooottttt!!!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
meh same difference i reckon. Leave well alone, judging buy all the problems the secondary one gives

R27
I tried with different settings on the stock exhaust system, and found out that removing the secondary cat and leaving the first cat with stock exhaust is the best setting.

I tried putting on a straight through pipe with the 1st cat and decat the 2nd cat, but suffered badly on low end torque.

I will be trying with a Ktec racing catback exhaust and see how it goes.

Anyone with the 1st cat removed with a dyno map?

We have to find out the reason right?

Cheers
Desm

Clio RS 197
I tried with different settings on the stock exhaust system, and found out that removing the secondary cat and leaving the first cat with stock exhaust is the best setting.

I tried putting on a straight through pipe with the 1st cat and decat the 2nd cat, but suffered badly on low end torque.

I will be trying with a Ktec racing catback exhaust and see how it goes.

Anyone with the 1st cat removed with a dyno map?

We have to find out the reason right?

Cheers
Desm

got an pics of ya manifold work?

R27
yea..ill take a pic when my car gets hoisted the next time.. but i believe the custom pipe will be useful on track as the torque after 5000 rpm improves though the low end suffer.

I believe B16 OJB meant ""Y-Pipe" for OEM manifold" they didnt mention if its decat or a highflow cat :p

*knock knock*
Anyone else decat the first and 2nd cat and it works fine?

Clio RS 197
yea..ill take a pic when my car gets hoisted the next time.. but i believe the custom pipe will be useful on track as the torque after 5000 rpm improves though the low end suffer.

I believe B16 OJB meant ""Y-Pipe" for OEM manifold" they didnt mention if its decat or a highflow cat :p

*knock knock*
Anyone else decat the first and 2nd cat and it works fine?

i hope they do bring it out!

CLIO 197
I have removed both cats but i had a new branch and free flow made up for me and wow what a difference
it sounds awesome and has longer legs in the higher gears

Evo
It would sound epic with no cats and im sure you could spit a flame or two. However i wouldnt bother as people say, even removing the main cat has it troubles.