ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 alarm/hazards will not turn off.

Renaultsport Clio197
Hi everyone, my Daughter is running a 197 and the alarm and hazard lights will not switch off. This is happening with both the car stationary, and everything switched off, and also when she is driving, which obviously is very embarrassing!! Obviously the battery is drained very quickly when the car is stationary! Is this a common fault, and could anyone advise me what to do please??

GTD, Lupo
@Silverdreamracer

Taken from another post on another forum

"alarm memory function (option)"

if the alarm has occurred the buzzer will give 4 signals instead of 1.
the alarm description information is given by different LED blinking which will be available until the ignition key will be turned on. see below -

1 blink = doors, bonnet, boot have been opened
2 blinks = additional sensor triggered
3 blinks = ultrasonic volumetric sensor triggered
4 blinks = attempts to start (ignition key)
6 blinks = tamper mode
7 blinks = serial line communication error

From having a quick read the LED isn't on display and you will need to look through the coil of alarm wiring hidden in the boot.

If thats doesn't give you any help I'm going to have a good guess its water that is coursing your problems. Have a good feel around the drivers and passengers footwell. If they are wet then it will be water getting in due to the drains in the scuttle panel below the windscreen under the plastic panels under the bonnet being blocked. The water then finds its way into the car. I cleaned mine monthly and its amazing how quickly they get blocked.

Last edited: