ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 tyres help

Racing Blue 182

My cars done just over 8000 miles, front tyres are bald, how long do your tyres last?

How much are new tyres for 182 with cup packs?

Clio 182

Thats not bad, I changed my fronts at about 7200 miles, but I saved a bit of tread for a track day and kept the tyres. Ive got a 182 wiv cup pack and I got my tyres off http://www.mytyres.co.ukwww.mytyres.co.uk. (I got like for like did not change the make) They seemed to be the cheapest. Once delivered I took them to a garage who fitted them for 7 quid a corner. Cheapist other then that I could find was 118 fitted. Unless you know someone in the trade then have a look on mytyres.co.uk

[Edited by oneeighttwo on 14 August 2005 at 1:54am]

Racing Blue 182

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 14 August 2005

doesnt matter what 182 youve got, the tyres are the same

£75 each from us
is that for the michelin exaltos? Can you post them or just collection?

Cam

182 Cup

about 6,500 miles. fronts are starting to look a littlie bald. Roy Munson start driving your clio like its meant to be driven!!!! :D

Quote: Originally posted by Firey on 14 August 2005
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">about 6,500 miles. fronts are starting to look a littlie bald. Roy Munson start driving your clio like its meant to be driven!!!! :D

I do mate, but I dont grind the rubber into round-a-bouts trying to look cool whilst scrubbing pound coins into the tarmac, I drive my Cup very hard at times, but I usually like to test my commitment in high speed sweeping bends, and medium speed rapid direction change S bends.

Hammering hard into hairpins might be fun, but its the best way to leave behind half the rubber. I drive it hard, but Im always midfull of trying to leave more rubber on the tyre than on the road. I have fun with the car and I reckon Ill see 13k from my fronts, so I must be doing something right :)

Yep as Roy points out above, not a lot of point scrubbing the tyres on round-abouts - the fun stuff is medium to high speed corners and fast B roads with a series of left & right hand bends which require quick direction changes.

I got 16,500 miles out of the fronts on mine!

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by racing182 on 14 August 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 14 August 2005doesnt matter what 182 youve got, the tyres are the same

£75 each from us[/QUOTE]is that for the michelin exaltos? Can you post them or just collection?

inc VAT and delivery

BMW 120i Sport

Ive just ticked over 8000 miles and i still have decent tread left, although they are starting to look worn and im guessing might need replaced at 12000 or so miles.

tiTTy & SV650

costco do michelin pilot exalto pe2 for about £78 inc fitting and often have discount vouchers, i get mine there.

I have about 3mm left before I hit the wear markers, so Im guessing they will run on to around 14k before they need changing. The nearside front looks a bit shabby on the ouitside edge though...bloody roundabouts...

tiTTy & SV650

i got bout 14k of a and b road blasting, average speed 60-70 out of my fronts, new tyres to the back and my original back tyres have since covered 8k on the front and have another 1k life left.

Dont accelerate in 1st gear, its pointless! lol

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 15 August 2005
I have about 3mm left before I hit the wear markers, so Im guessing they will run on to around 14k before they need changing. The nearside front looks a bit shabby on the ouitside edge though...bloody roundabouts...

so much for "stiff sidewalls"

Clio 182 / Lotus Elise S1

My front tyres need changing now as theyve just hit the wear markers... 23,500miles! :eek: I do drive it quickly most of the time but I havent done any track days in it... else I guess they would have been worn out sooner!

Racing Blue 182

Quote: Originally posted by rory182 on 15 August 2005

i got bout 14k of a and b road blasting, average speed 60-70 out of my fronts, new tyres to the back and my original back tyres have since covered 8k on the front and have another 1k life left.

Dont accelerate in 1st gear, its pointless! lol
Thats my problem then, never noticed it spins slightly in first even when not wet

Orange 182

My fronts are well and truly battered now, but I have managed to get 19k out of them! :D Well chuffed with this because I typically have a blast every day but like Mr Munson, I do think about my tyres when caining it.

So where is the best place to buy the replacements from and would you recommend sticking the existing rears on the front when I get the news ones?

Cheers.

Racing Blue 182

Any1 know how much tyres tend to cost from renault dealers? i got given a buy one get one free tyre voucher when i gopt my car?

Clio 182 / Lotus Elise S1

I got quoted £143 each from my dealer in Bournemouth!:eek:

I changed my front tyres at 23,640 miles a few days ago and got them to swap the front and rear tyres at the same time. £97 each from Micheldever Tyres near Winchester (they were the only place within a reasonable distance I found that had them in stock) :D