ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 test drive!!!

White clique
sounds good congrats, although £1900 for insurance is only the begining, 182s are more to tax, service and fuel than your previous car, not to mention the fact they are getting older and more problems to keep an eye on. But i'm sure you've factored in the total cost of ownership, not just the insurance price.

172 ph1
your choice mate you wont see either ever again...aye you will get a good few nights on the piss etc but you will get a full years insurance on something you want not even worth talking about! get the car

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I think I'd shop around first though, silver is nice but there are better colours out there

Any more details on the car? Mileage, condition, extra's i.e: cup packs, price?

Clio 197
\Because that money should be spent going out round town at that age, get it out your system. If id if run a cliosport id never have done it.

No....thats what others expect people to do at that age..... it doesnt mean its the right thing to do!

If you can afford it then get the 182 :)

Last edited:
  320d
If its what you want to do then go for it mate.

Personally I didn't find running a 172 that bad at 19, albeit my insurance was only £1300.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
35,000 no cups packs that I'm aware of! Full Renault service history, cam belt done last week at Renault, it's at a Renault main dealer! 1 owner.

MKV GTI
35,000 no cups packs that I'm aware of! Full Renault service history, cam belt done last week at Renault, it's at a Renault main dealer! 1 owner.

Dont be blinded by excitment. You can get much more desirable 182's eg. a FF which has all the "luxuries" of the car your looking to buy and both cup packs which include antracite wheels slightly lower and stiffer suspension plus the cup spoiler and splitter these additions make a significant difference to the apperarence of the car, also as much as there is nothing wrong with silver look into the more desirable colours such as BG,RB or LY getting a FF model in any of theses colours will also help when your wanting to sell up.

On the plus side full service history inc cambelt and low mileage is a bonus, just have a look around before jumping in feet first as im sure with paying that insurance you'll be wanting the best possible car for the money, trust me you will wish you'd have looked harder if a FF LY 182 pulls up next to you, stunning colour along with RB ;)

Also how much is that car advertised at im guessing its rather expensive being at a renault main dealer?

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Ok so went back today ........ Dnt get me wrong it was a nice but I think it just wasn't as nice as I first thought!! Little mark front bumper but for the asking price £5500 not for me tho so back out on the look out!!! There is a nice black one iv seen so maybe goin to look Monday!! Defo set on a 182 tho

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Dont get a 182 with no cup packs, they look so dogshit, why people orderd these new is beyond me as the cup pack option was only £500 more.

Silver surfer
I remember being 19 - I had no money and a Metro. A proper first car, ie utterly sh*te! Where do these kids get their cash?

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I'm still on the hunt for a 182! There are hardly any about with less than 40k on the clock, but I got a phone call of brentacre today asking if I would still be interested with there quote and they can now offer me £1687.95 with mods as long as it does not exceed 182bhp at the flywheel!! Happy isn't the word!!

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I'd like to say I'm one with a job and it's all my own hard earned cash il be spending on the car and insurance!

F56 MINI Cooper S
I'm still on the hunt for a 182! There are hardly any about with less than 40k on the clock, but I got a phone call of brentacre today asking if I would still be interested with there quote and they can now offer me £1687.95 with mods as long as it does not exceed 182bhp at the flywheel!! Happy isn't the word!!
got any NCB for that price? seems a good quote that.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I'm 19 and have 2years ncb so I'm really happy with it tbf!! Just gotta fond a bloody car now!!

I remember being your age lol. Similar figures for a 172 clio. Id of paid if my parents hadnt persuaded me it was a bad thing to do. So glad i didnt!

£2k to drive about in a clio. FOOK!

A CLIO lol.

Similar to me, although I didn't need my parents to tell me. I just decided it was tooooo much. Still paid £1300 on my GTi.

Difference being able to afford it and it being sensible.

Indeed. Plenty of time for fast cars.

LY 182
I'd be tempted to sell you my LY 182 with all these damn sexy 200's appearing in the media section. :cool:

It would be rather silly of me really, though. Good luck with the hunt.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
sounds good congrats, although £1900 for insurance is only the begining, 182s are more to tax, service and fuel than your previous car, not to mention the fact they are getting older and more problems to keep an eye on. But i'm sure you've factored in the total cost of ownership, not just the insurance price.

You need to sdo this, i didnt, I bought my RS for my 20th

I bought the car, spent £150 to insure it, then the exhaust dropped off, that set me back £600 it needed and service and belts done (I did all this myself but its still expencive) Then there is the petrol, first 2 months i had the car i could stop driving it, cost me a fortune. now iv come to realise how much im wasting on it, so i use my works van mostly now :D and my tax is due end of this month :dapprove:

Sometimes i wish i kept my 1.2 but i fancied something quicker. Everytime i get in the 172 it does nothing but make me smile :cool:

Just remember to think about other costs other then just the cost of the car and the insurance!

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I just enjoy my cars and I take care of them! I dnt drive stupid but just enjoy clio's!!

106GTI / NovaC20LET
£2219 for insurance is insane! Fair enough if you were getting a lambo or summit lol. Id wait a few years if i were you i pay 500 and i still think thats pricey. Imagine what you could do with 2200 at 19? not to mention the 130 for 6 months tax, petrol, etc etc. Enjoy life first, be plenty of clios still around in few years.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I put away £70 a week this covers insurance, servicing, rubber! And tax and will still leave some! I still have other money coming out like phone bill gym member ship and every day cash! I know for the first couple of weeks il be spending stupid money on petrol but after that I'm sure £30-£40 a week is enough I only use it week nights to go to the gf's and the weekends hoping to get to meets and of course the shows!! But have thought about this for a while and now I can do it!!

Clio 1.4s Ph1!
£2200 for a 182! I paid 1700 for my 1.4! Thats 19yo no ncb and an own fault claim though...

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
im not going for the 182 for the speed of the car i had a 1.2 clio as my first car and iv always liked the look of the 182 and the inside looks smart. you could not pay me to get a VTS!

GTi is a borderline sensible choice. It's still going to be a big insurance bill. But not the same as a 182. The car will cost a lot less too.