ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 takes FOREVER to start!

182FF
So I've tried to research this and found nothing conclusive, I'm sure the symptoms will sound familiar to someone.

First instance - engine was hot, went to restart and took a couple of seconds longer than normal. This was followed by a very, very, very lumpy idle for about 3 seconds then it settled back down.

Current state - takes about 6 or 7 seconds to start, even when cold. Will turn over and sound like it's trying to fire but never quite catches until eventually will start, followed again by a terrible idle and a cloud of fuel out the exhaust.

I recently changed the injectors for new ones, I don't think they are the issue. The car doesn't get used often. It drives absolutely fine once it is started.

It still has the black crank position sensor on it, I've never changed coilpack or leads. Any ideas?

clio v6
its the injectors mate.were did you get them from i had this issue the bought different ones and all was ok. were did you get the injectors from ?

Reactions: Gus
  182FF
its the injectors mate.were did you get them from i had this issue the bought different ones and all was ok. were did you get the injectors from ?
I got them from eBay but they're genuine I think, car drives spot on when it eventually starts!! What were your symptoms?

clio v6
sorry wrong link turned out it was both our injectors at fault we both got them at the same place on ebay then both changed to the renpart ones and all was ok.

182FF
sorry wrong link turned out it was both our injectors at fault we both got them at the same place on ebay then both changed to the renpart ones and all was ok.
Sounds very familiar, my injectors didn't line up properly either with the little hole and plastic clip bit. The O-Ring on the fuel rail also split when I did it and I replaced it with one from a Halfords kit. I've just gone and changed it for a thicker one to see if it will seal better at that end. If I have no luck I'll send the injectors back like you did.

It doesn't make sense that it'll run fine on those injectors but not start :S

clio v6
hi get the ones off renparts £32.50 each these are the genuine ones. they come with clips also.the little grooves all line up as they do on originals. the fuel line to rail connector will be fine mate at first i thought that was the problem but it wasnt.it was the injectors hope this helps.

clio v6
yeh i know i think what happens with the naff injectors is they when the cars turned off they dont hold pressure so when you restart say after 10 mins there is air in the system .

182FF
In case anyone else has the issue, it was the injectors. The eBay seller told me I was the 14th out of a batch of 20 to complain.

New ones from renparts and we're back to health!