ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Sump Gasket Weeping

182 Cup Racing Blue
Ren have quoted me 380 pounds to fix this! The gasket is 20 pounds and the time to fix this is 6 and a half hours Ren have said. I know you need to either drop the sub frame or lift the engine to drop the sump. This cost is far too much from Ren.....could any garage do this job?? please could someone give me some advice!!cheers!!!

182 Cup Racing Blue
The catch tray has oil on it. The head gasket went on the car and the whole thing was fixed by Ren....cambelt, aux belt...all gaskets....they said they didn't touch the sump...strange how its only started to leak 2 months after they touched the engine....so you reckon I can take this to any garage to get sorted as long as they copy the tighting map of bolts by 8nm and 13nm. The oil is just weeping.....but a 05 reg on 26,000 should not be doing that!!!!GRRRR!

182 Cup Racing Blue
Hmmmm it's a tricky one. Will just have to keep an eye on it as I don't really want to shed out 380 pounds for a leak that is just going to come back!!what would happen if you just tightened the bolts in the correct order to tighten the seal.....just a thought.....

Lionel Richie
you won't get access to some of the bolts if you don't lift the engine

i wouldn't worry about it if its only leaking a tiny bit

182 Cup Racing Blue
It is dripping down the back of the sump....will ask Ren how much it is leaking and see if it is bad....but just annoyed that such a low mileage car would already leak oil!but then again it is a Ren!!!!the oil is leaking over to the gear selector seal which I thought was leaking...but it seems its the sump gasket! any idea of how much a garage should charge to do this job Fred? cheers.

182 Cup Racing Blue
i'd charge £150 to do it, not hard, just a fiddle

Cheers Fred.....got a friend who lives in Birmingham so could stay up there whilst the car is getting fixed or something....will keep you updated on what I plan to do...cheers for the advice!

clio 2 sport van
i think you'll find to get the sump off you'll have to take off the whole sub frame including the steering rack which is a big job

182 Cup Racing Blue
The actually price from Ren is 530 pounds. They offered me a discount to 380 pounds as I was a loyal customer! I may say look....car has had so many oil leaks I will give you 200 pounds max for doing the job! why do they make things so difficult!

ITB'd MK1
The actually price from Ren is 530 pounds. They offered me a discount to 380 pounds as I was a loyal customer! I may say look....car has had so many oil leaks I will give you 200 pounds max for doing the job! why do they make things so difficult!

robbing c***s. shout at them and leave