ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 stolen!!! Help!!!!

Silver 182 F/F
No matter what you do you can't win,it's like the fuel trick everyone saying about them giving you a good beating for the keys they could give you a good beating when you don't tell them how to start the car.There not going to say dam the car doesn't start never mind,there going to cause some damage,i.e you car or your face

When i had mine nicked,when i got the replacement car within a month i'd had the wheels nicked of it.The only answear is out of site out of mind and that's putting it in a garage,it's amazing how much more secure you feel with it locked away out of sight at night.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
BRUCE182 said:
No matter what you do you can't win,it's like the fuel trick everyone saying about them giving you a good beating for the keys they could give you a good beating when you don't tell them how to start the car.There not going to say dam the car doesn't start never mind,there going to cause some damage,i.e you car or your face

When i had mine nicked,when i got the replacement car within a month i'd had the wheels nicked of it.The only answear is out of site out of mind and that's putting it in a garage,it's amazing how much more secure you feel with it locked away out of sight at night.

that's exactly why i wouldn't buy a house without a garage, the only way to stop them/vandals/thiefs is to take away their opportunity to do so.

Silver 182 F/F
Being living in the house six years and never used the garage for keeping the car in but used only for junk,but after this year with both thefts i cleaned it out straight away and now park in the garage even if it's dark and early evening and know i'm going out in it later i still pop it in the garage.It's amazing how quick they can stee car/wheels etc so not worth the risk.

I know a lot of people don't have garages but through experience the only real piece of mind is a garage,otherwise you can be thinking safety precautions all day.

BRUCE182 said:
Being living in the house six years and never used the garage for keeping the car in but used only for junk,but after this year with both thefts i cleaned it out straight away and now park in the garage even if it's dark and early evening and know i'm going out in it later i still pop it in the garage.It's amazing how quick they can stee car/wheels etc so not worth the risk.

I know a lot of people don't have garages but through experience the only real piece of mind is a garage,otherwise you can be thinking safety precautions all day.

i used to always garage my old car and then put my mums car infront of the garage door.

but since i crashed that the garage is now full of crap, engine crane, engine stand, bits of bodywork, old interior out my dads rover and loads of speakers/amplifiers from my dads band.

in january im gonna definately get it all cleared and see if i can hide my car i there like i used to.

it is alot easier to sleep at night knowing its all tucked away and blocked in by other cars. making it rather inconvenient for them!

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
off topic a tad, but the other day when i was finnilg up a guy got out of his s2000 at the garage and went inside with the engine running! what a tit! i soo wanted to go over and take it and leave it hidden close by to make him sh*t himself lol :evil:

you heard anything else adtmits?

Ad

MK2 FRS
Not heard anything about the motor. dont want to anyway.

No forms from the insurance yet either:dapprove:

Interest about the ringing gang, it was definitley organised, and wasnt opportunist as some people have suggest.

Would have thought it would be reasonably difficult to ring, 182s arent too common and then the colour.... I dunno.

adtmits said:

Interest about the ringing gang, it was definitley organised, and wasnt opportunist as some people have suggest.

Would have thought it would be reasonably difficult to ring, 182s arent too common and then the colour.... I dunno.

if ya referring to me, i wasnt suggesting yours was opportunist..

RenaultSport clio 172
adtmits said:

In reality, it's very easy to ring, and you'll probably find that it was stolen to order for just that purpose.

Person buys smashed 182 that is not registered, steals a similar vehicle, swaps chassis/vin numbers, and the ringed car is sent to auction or for private sale within hours, literally. The other car, the smasher, is sent to a scrapper as no chassis/vin number is required.

Regards

Golf R32 & 172 CUP
Hope it all turns out ok for you mate - i know how you feel i had my RST stolen from me day before my birthday :(

Ad

MK2 FRS
Liam182 said:
even so how many scrapped infernos are there?

Thats my point too, would be hard work to do, but suppose if you got one you only need one to replace it with:dapprove:

Ad

MK2 FRS
GuyS said:
if ya referring to me, i wasnt suggesting yours was opportunist..

Wasnt a dig mate......:)

Cheer PJVTS.

Been to look at Golf Anniversary edition today. Wasnt the example I would buy but think I want one.:)

RS Megane DCi 175
^^ There's a lovely black one at the gym (robin park) - look absolutely gorgeous. Lovely wheels, nice and subtle. Much prefer it to the new model. It's how the mk4 GTI should have been from the beginning. Nice choice mate!

Skoda Fabia vRS
casiodan said:
For one thing i bet if you did scare them off first time they would be back, more prepared.

well if i did get that magic chance and got the upper hand, id kill them, no questions asked, obviously in reality it doesnt work out like that, usually your asleep etc, but, if that chance was given to me id kill someone rather than have them take my car

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
is that this thing?
StockSide001.jpg

it was on clarksons new dvd where he shows being beaten by some estate car.

they do look damn nice though

TDI tyre shreader
^^ that looks like a R32, i think the anni model had hockenheim type wheels on it and they are very nice cars good choice Adtmits!!! Was it you i bought a 172 cat and spliter from at middlebrook a while ago? Sorry to hear about your car fella hope it works out in your favour!!

Ad

MK2 FRS
Jones said:
^^ that looks like a R32, i think the anni model had hockenheim type wheels on it and they are very nice cars good choice Adtmits!!! Was it you i bought a 172 cat and spliter from at middlebrook a while ago? Sorry to hear about your car fella hope it works out in your favour!!

Was indeed mate, beem through a few motors since then. lol my next will be my 5th:eek: in 12 months. 172, MGTF, Leon Cupra R, 182 &......

you still got the cat ???

Pikey Truck
benji&eka said:
back to the point people!! the guy's just had his car taxed

i hope the 5-0 catch the b*****d asap!!
if the worst happens and he crashes it, i hope they have to amputate his knob to get him out :mad:

and all his limbs...!! stupid tossers cant make an honest living shud all be thrown on 1 island! :mad:

TDI tyre shreader
adtmits said:
Was indeed mate, beem through a few motors since then. lol my next will be my 5th:eek: in 12 months. 172, MGTF, Leon Cupra R, 182 &......

you still got the cat ???

Yeah i still have the cat its stilll attached to my 172 makes a good difference, still got the splitter aswell although its a little scratched now!!

Ad

MK2 FRS
*****************Update*****************************

Have agreed a value for the car. 11k. What what I wanted so am pleased. Is a fair price all in all.

Progress at last.(not been that long but feels like forever) Valuer was very fair. First offer of 10250. I turned it down. Rang back and offered me the 11k.

Fingers crossed it dont turn up between now and the payout.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
adtmits said:
*****************Update*****************************

Have agreed a value for the car. 11k. What what I wanted so am pleased. Is a fair price all in all.

Progress at last.(not been that long but feels like forever) Valuer was very fair. First offer of 10250. I turned it down. Rang back and offered me the 11k.

Fingers crossed it dont turn up between now and the payout.

Made up for you mate, just have to be strong and get all the supporting evidence etc Been there so good result.

Clio 172 mk2
Sad news about the 182 being stolen

That kind of thing makes me f**king livid!

I'm definately going to move/hide my keys now

not keen on the golfs to be honest but different stokes for different folks!

s2 elise are nice
vx220 turbo yummy
TT - id rather eat s**t to be honest. lol
i can understand you wanting something diff

id go for a bmw next after the 182 myself.