ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 stolen!!! Help!!!!

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
CocoPops said:
It's not about what you PAID, it's about what you will pay.

The only way to argue a settlement figure is to provide LOTS of adverts showing cars of a similar age/mileage/spec to yours.

They won't accept one letter from Arnold Clark, exactly because of the reason you've given... a mate could write it saying you needed X amount etc.

Their first port of call will be Glass' guide and CAP guide etc, so see what the trade values are doing.

NOT EXACTLY TRUE (PLUS I HAD TO WAIT 3 MONTHS)

YOU NEED TO PROVIDE FULL DETAILS OF THE CAR, GATHER A PORTFOILIO OF ALL YOUR BILLS AND RENAULT SH TOGETHER (PROOF ITS IN TOP CONDITION). THEN PRINT OFF FROM THE AUTO TRADER CARS (EQUIVALANT MILES & AGE) FROM THE SAME PLACE OR SIMILAR (DEALERS).

SAY YOU WANT TO BUT THE SAME CAR FROM THE SAME PLACE. THEY HAVE TO DO IT AND IF THE ASSESOR HAS THIS INFORMATION CAN APPROVE IT.

MY EVO WAS WITH DIRECT LINE IT STATED MARKET VALUE AND I GOT THE FULL DEALER PRICE. I EVENTUALLY GOT AN EXTRA 4K.

DONT LET THEM BLAG YOU WITH CRAP, IF THEY OFFER CRAP SAY YOU WILL REPORT THEM TO THE OMBUDSMAN.

DO GIVE IN LIKE MOST DO.

172 cup TT
Awful just awful... hope its all ok... Ironic thing is that i spotted an inferno on saturday, didnt catch the plate tho.. never seen one in the flesh, looked lovely... single, skinny bloke wearing shades driving... Beeped him / waved and he seemed quite moody, sod ya then... That was Stevenage (not far from London) on Saturday just gone... probably not yours but hey, worth saying i guess.. good luck too mate.. chin up

Clio 172 Mk2
Floodie said:
Awful just awful... hope its all ok... Ironic thing is that i spotted an inferno on saturday, didnt catch the plate tho.. never seen one in the flesh, looked lovely... single, skinny bloke wearing shades driving... Beeped him / waved and he seemed quite moody, sod ya then... That was Stevenage (not far from London) on Saturday just gone... probably not yours but hey, worth saying i guess.. good luck too mate.. chin up

ah, do you live in Stevenage then? I live in Letchworth myself, never seen a inferno 182 before
Hope the poster finds hes car, thats a terrible thing to do, they are going to do that to the wrong person next time, really annoys me when people think they can get away with it

Ford Fiesta
BRUN said:
ive just had an idea, the sat nav in your glove box, that works on GPS, which obviously communicates your position constantly to the satellites, see where im going ?!

couldnt you get the manufacturer to possibly bring up the last route used with your unit, did you have to register it, or do you have the serial number for it
they only recieve anyway, dont transmit.

Ad

MK2 FRS
CocoPops said:
It's not about what you PAID, it's about what you will pay.

The only way to argue a settlement figure is to provide LOTS of adverts showing cars of a similar age/mileage/spec to yours.

They won't accept one letter from Arnold Clark, exactly because of the reason you've given... a mate could write it saying you needed X amount etc.

Their first port of call will be Glass' guide and CAP guide etc, so see what the trade values are doing.

only bort it 9weeks ago mate!!!

anyway, we will see......

I will not be accpeting trade value, because in all honesty I can get one at the trade price. It was a car off he forcourt, which I got cheaper as it never touched the fourcourt. With a letter form AC and various adverts I have a chance of getting what I want. 11k for the car is fair price!!

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
adtmits said:
only bort it 9weeks ago mate!!!

anyway, we will see......

I will not be accpeting trade value, because in all honesty I can get one at the trade price. It was a car off he forcourt, which I got cheaper as it never touched the fourcourt. With a letter form AC and various adverts I have a chance of getting what I want. 11k for the car is fair price!!

Remember aswell its the price of the car when it was stolen not when they want to settle the claim. Keep pushing and good luck.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Should have said I cant get one at trade pice, dodgy typing. Will probably be 7 days before they give me a figure.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Spoke to them today, they said not problem over the keys:approve:

They asked me what i thought it was worth, told them its worth 11250 and thats what I want for it. I personally think its reasonable if you look at dealer forcourt prices.

They will pay for the HP sat nav, whaoo, and £100 contents of vehicle. No news on the car, no suprises there.

Have been looking at a Golf Gti anniversery addition, so starting to feel more happy about stuff:)

adtmits said:
Spoke to them today, they said not problem over the keys:approve:

They asked me what i thought it was worth, told them its worth 11250 and thats what I want for it. I personally think its reasonable if you look at dealer forcourt prices.

They will pay for the HP sat nav, whaoo, and £100 contents of vehicle. No news on the car, no suprises there.

Have been looking at a Golf Gti anniversery addition, so starting to feel more happy about stuff:)

Good to here that mate :D

133/225/CLS AMG
Shocking stuff!!

Glad everything is getting sorted but its frightening that theives like that have the guts to do that. I never have my car keys out of sight just in case of that.

Honda S2000
My story - shortened version
3 Men threw a brick threw my house window, climbed in, found the keys, drove off in my car. Me and my mum ran down, the guy threatened us through the window to not move. We rang the police. The thieves sped off down a main road and fortunately the police drove past them and turned around to chase them. The lads lost control of the car and crashed. The police got there seconds later and found the guy hidden in the bushes. They found a large knife in the car. Turns out it had been used in another robbery earlier that day and the guy tried to stop them and was stabbed and critically ill in hospital! The guy got 3 years and I hope he is now in a cell being ass raped by a large black man called jethro!!!

At the time I thought I should've done more to stop them. Now I realise I would've been stupid to try. These people can be psychos. Its only a car and can be replaced! (that's what I kept telling myself. didnt stop me being gutted for weeks!).

Feel for you mate!

BMW 328 Ci
I think its time that society is sooo low that manufactures should start selling cheaper tracker units with the cars (and not making a profit out of it either!!) when you buy them.
Its a barstard. A friends next door neighbour had his X5 stolen when they fished the keys through the letterbox. Someone down the same street had the keys stolen from their work, Volvo C70 Convertable, and this is not a rough area.

They seem to be going for Top of the range models, and any model of Audi, BMW or Merc.

Mack said:
I think its time that society is sooo low that manufactures should start selling cheaper tracker units with the cars (and not making a profit out of it either!!) when you buy them.
Its a barstard. A friends next door neighbour had his X5 stolen when they fished the keys through the letterbox. Someone down the same street had the keys stolen from their work, Volvo C70 Convertable, and this is not a rough area.

They seem to be going for Top of the range models, and any model of Audi, BMW or Merc.

at the end of the day they could have been prevented by being more careful with their keys.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
GuyS said:
at the end of the day they could have been prevented by being more careful with their keys.

i totally agree, but reading posts like Kellys, makes you wonder if you ( like me ) hide your keys, keep them upstairs, keep them on you all the time, what extend they would actually go to to take them off you.

BMW 328 Ci
Yep, if they want them chances are they will get them. All that will probably happen is they will grab you while person number 2 threatens you with a knife or bat, or even a gun.

having your keys somewhere where they can be fished through the letterbox is a bit stupid though.

RenaultSport clio 172
GuyS said:
its happeneing all over.. everyone should take their car keys up to their bedroom with them..

Absolutely no way - do not be under the illusion that they won't come upstairs and 'politely' ask for the keys as that's exactly what they'll do.

I leave mine in an obvious place by the door in the hope they'll see them, take them, then fcuk off. I don't want them coming anywhere near mine or my son's bedroom.

Also, anyone that thinks about having a 'Steven Segal' moment is a fool, a professional car thief won't think twice about smashing your face flat with a shovel.

Regards

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Heres a tip for all clio owners - when you lock your car up at night flip the drivers side rear seat up and this gives you access to a black circular cover - lift this up and disconnect the wiring going to it. This will cut your fuel pump off and totally disable your car.

Last edited:
  Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Ah, I was gonna mention something like this ^^^.

It definatley doesnt harm the car at all does it? As in reset any computers, or if you forget about it and try to start it etc?

Mike

ant

yep.
g18llo said:
a professional car thief won't think twice about smashing your face flat with a shovel.

Regards

and i won't think twice about smashing a professional car in the face with a shovel.

cuts both ways.

daze said:
and i won't think twice about smashing a professional car in the face with a shovel.

cuts both ways.

Its ok saying that but do you walk round with a shovel or whatever. Thing is they are prepared for confrontation, you cant always be ready.

I dont think they shout upstairs to you before they come up......"ey up mate, you might want to grab you shovel, coming ready or not"

At the end of the day its a car, i know thats been said a million times but its true.

I think people would be better off making it harder to get in the house in the first place. Locking the doors even when you are in etc. Our alarm sounds inside the house when the front door is opened, which might be enough to put opportunists off. Also making the car harder to steal even with the keys, crook lock etc.

If they are willing to break in for the keys then i am guessing they wouldnt think twice about carrying a knife etc.

Dont get me wrong here. it makes me sick to think that people reckon they can just come and take your stuff. But i think you are asking for trouble by thinking you can just smack someone with a shovel etc. For one thing i bet if you did scare them off first time they would be back, more prepared.

I know that not everyone will agree with this but its my opinion.

Honda S2000
I hide my keys and they still got it. It was 2am and they came and I don't think they would've left without the keys. They stabbed a guy to get his Audi because he fought back then carried the knife when they came to my house. I heard about a guy getting his Fiesta stolen on his drive as he was getting out of it! They put a knife to his throat!

I think the days are gone when you can fight back. The criminals are like a new breed and wouldn't think twice about seriously injuring someone. Don't get me wrong if I had a shovel to hand at the time I most probably would've tried to kill him, but its a good job I was slow getting out of bed when I heard the window break!

106 GTi
Reading through this thread it really does make you wonder what lengths they will go to for a car :(

Top tip from j3ned, nice one.

clio 172 cup
Mike-bham said:
Ah, I was gonna mention something like this ^^^.

It definatley doesnt harm the car at all does it? As in reset any computers, or if you forget about it and try to start it etc?

Mike

id like to know that too

Mini Cooper S sport
It would be good if you could rig up a secret immobiliser where you could just flick a hidden switch and disconnect the fuel pump. Having said that, if some violent nutter wanted it that badly I'd hope they'd get as far away as possible, not sit on the drive getting angry!

reading this thread makes me really mad. i can't believe that this is the world we live in. lovely car mate.

I think we should club together and buy an iceberg, not an island or any explosives (cos thats a waste of good island + explosives), put all the thieving mofos on there with a pack of hungry penguins.

grrh makes me mad.

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
oh, just read it all now! i hope u get a decent sum for it, even though its so annoying that it has to come to this, id be so heartbroke if my ka got stolen, let alone a 182! feel for u :(

Tesla MP3 2021
j3ned said:
Heres a tip for all clio owners - when you lock your car up at night flip the drivers side rear seat up and this gives you access to a black circular cover - lift this up and disconnect the wiring going to it. This will cut your fuel pump off and totally disable your car.

just hope any thiefs dont see this post........but v good hint.

the thing is, the majority of the people are opportunists..

i.e. hope youve got a window/door open to break into, grab keys out of kitchen and do one..

if they cant find your keys many of them wont dare go upstairs.. what if your a profesional boxer person or something? they may be just as scared as you are of them

the psycho ones who are prepared to go that extra length may come upstairs ''give me the f**king keys or i'll chop your head off with my samauri sword'' so you give them the keys, they go; cars can be replaced but at least youve done something to keep the 'opportunist' theif away..

theyre only likely to stab you if you REFUSE to give them the keys.. at the end of the day theyre not gonna WANT to stab you for no reason as if they get caught they could be facing a lot harsher sentence than just a slap on the wrist for TWOC.

otherwise you may aswell just leave a note saying ''car keys are under the door mat'' on your front door welcoming them.

182 Full Fat
I think im gonna store my keys somewhere else from now on! There are too many jealous wa**ers out there that think its best to steal, as they can't pay for things themselves like all us decent lot