ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 stolen!!! Help!!!!

Ad

MK2 FRS
trophy and V6 too much in terms of cost and insurance. never fancied the the S2000.

My dad is trying to push me towards the TDi anni.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Anni=Anniversary Edt. Golf GTi.

Am in VAG speak already. Its a sign...

Clio G-B had one before, infact did 52k in one. lol.

TDI tyre shreader
S3 for me rapid motors but a seriously nice interior which is always nice for when your sat in traffic after a crap day in the office!! can even get tv's as an option on some of them, ace cars i want!!!!!

Adtmits. Terrible story mate. Hope the next car they nick is owned by some sted-head pumped up on test who has just found out his wifes having an affair...a samuri sword and they end up in a suitcase.

Why not join my renaultsport to CTR gang?

Exclusive membership i.e. just me in it.

We could have meetings in my shed.

j3ned said:
There is a massive car ringing gang operating in Wigan at the moment - found out last night
lol not as dodgy as your mates at accrington VW spares.
30 stolen engines, and more at the employees home addresses ! alot of breakers are bent and corrupt.. best thing is i know which ones lol.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Gilbert_Ratchet said:
Adtmits. Terrible story mate. Hope the next car they nick is owned by some sted-head pumped up on test who has just found out his wifes having an affair...a samuri sword and they end up in a suitcase.

Why not join my renaultsport to CTR gang?

Exclusive membership i.e. just me in it.

We could have meetings in my shed.

lol. found a minter with sat nav. A/c and leather, insurance is v.pricey though!!!

Ad

MK2 FRS
gunnergibson said:
lol not as dodgy as your mates at accrington VW spares.
30 stolen engines, and more at the employees home addresses ! alot of breakers are bent and corrupt.. best thing is i know which ones lol.

^^ This was been my opinion as well!!

adtmits said:
lol. found a minter with sat nav. A/c and leather, insurance is v.pricey though!!!

Is it really? I thought I was a bit careless when i got mine i never checked,my mate was after a CTR and insurance put him off,so he got an S3!!!!

turns out £70 more over the year insurance group higher than me cup. Not that bad surely.

The looks are'nt as good as me cup I'll admit but when I've got the ultralites on and i've dropped it a bit should be more dribblesome.

Well I could be wrong mate but after owning the 172 and 182 I think you'd end up regretting getting the Golf as the handling compared the the Renaults is fairly pants!! OK, the thing wouldn't fall apart after five minutes and it will hold its value but... I don't know, get one test drove and see what you think...

BRUN said:
well if i did get that magic chance and got the upper hand, id kill them, no questions asked, obviously in reality it doesnt work out like that, usually your asleep etc, but, if that chance was given to me id kill someone rather than have them take my car

you would rather kill someone, spend a few years behind bars and then probably never be able to afford a decent car again, i mean, who employs murderers?
all for a car that you will get paid out for.

Sorry mate i dont see the logic.

Its not your job to deal with them, its down to the cops. I know they dont seem to be doing enough and that is where the problem is. They should be doing more. how about the CCTV (ANPR) that was discussed the other day...... http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=110435

I know i aint gonna change your thinking on this, but thats my thoughts.

sorry to hijack the thread.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Gilbert_Ratchet said:
Is it really? I thought I was a bit careless when i got mine i never checked,my mate was after a CTR and insurance put him off,so he got an S3!!!!

turns out £70 more over the year insurance group higher than me cup. Not that bad surely.

The looks are'nt as good as me cup I'll admit but when I've got the ultralites on and i've dropped it a bit should be more dribblesome.

works above 25% more for me compare to 182. The anniversary is only slightly better. Could have S3, 225TT, LCR, Megane 225, 325Ci al for several hundred less a year!!

Ad

MK2 FRS
MrAtego said:
Well I could be wrong mate but after owning the 172 and 182 I think you'd end up regretting getting the Golf as the handling compared the the Renaults is fairly pants!! OK, the thing wouldn't fall apart after five minutes and it will hold its value but... I don't know, get one test drove and see what you think...

Theres one in Wilmslow at a dealer, that I have no intention of buying, however, I will use it to see. This is the difficulty I need the driving enjoyment. They have the best review of all Mk IV GTi's. Its a tough one an need to hurry up as no car now and when the cheque comes through I will need to act quickly.

Is weird one, normally I settle on my next car overtime, drive it a few times before deciding..... No such luxury this time.

Alright Adtmits. Theres always hard man talk on a thread like this. If I was held up or someone broke into the house for my car I tell 'em to calm down,take it and say I never want to see it again.

I love the anniversary golfs mate. I'd consider one defo the TDI. Quite fancy a 330d too. Both good satisfying drivers cars. I'm just not ready for an oil burner yet. You are doing miles like me so it would make sense.

Your a long time dead mate. You could get something that costs a bit more but pushes your buttons this time and get a diesel next.

Ad

MK2 FRS
couldnt agree more mate, Im gald no one in the house came across them.

Keep searching for summit to swing me away from the golf. Im not ready for diesel either. tbh i'm looking at one with 60k+ for the same money as one with less than 30k petrol. Trouble is it was £1200(when new) xtra for GTI TDI (what a mouthful!!) so people who bought them were alway gonna put miles on them. lookin at 13k plus for a low mileage example. Set my heart on the black one earlier in the thread. 11k for that example is good money.

Clown Car
A bit late now i know but it may help someone else, i was looking for a pager module for the 182 alarm and found this -

http://www.spy-equipment.co.uk/GSM_Alarm/gsm_alarm.html

It will text you if someone is messing around by your car or steals it

You can call the box up in the car and get it to switch off engine, lock doors, unlock doors, close sunroof etc.

it has got a mic and speaker input so you can listen and speak to the scum bags.

It will also text you the vehicles location using the gsm network, so you can input the coordinates into autoroute and find out where your car is.

Golf R/Leon FR
check in other marques kiza, he's posted up in there.

he did get a golf but has sold it and is the proud owner of a civic type- R

Ad

MK2 FRS
kiza1986 said:
Just got to ask..what car did you get in the end adtmits??

Kiza

I bought a Golf GTi Anniversary at first... didnt settle into it... so just picked up CTR 30Anniversary see in other marques as garf says:approve:

Ad

MK2 FRS
Mark5290 said:
A bit late now i know but it may help someone else, i was looking for a pager module for the 182 alarm and found this -

http://www.spy-equipment.co.uk/GSM_Alarm/gsm_alarm.html

It will text you if someone is messing around by your car or steals it

You can call the box up in the car and get it to switch off engine, lock doors, unlock doors, close sunroof etc.

it has got a mic and speaker input so you can listen and speak to the scum bags.

It will also text you the vehicles location using the gsm network, so you can input the coordinates into autoroute and find out where your car is.

Interesting as I was thinking about these things today.... The CTR is the second most stolen car in the UK!!! And with my 182 expierence...... am a little bit worried, but wont let it rule my choice of cars.:)

RenaultSport clio 182
Really sorry to read this, main thing is that you are ok, cheer your self up mate and buy a trophy! I hope it all works out for you adam!

Pete-182

Ad

MK2 FRS
Patrick_g46 said:
wat wud they have done with the stolen car? stripped it?

Dunno wot theyve done with it..:dapprove:

The car or the remains have never been found and it is nearly three months on!!! My moneys on two things.... first it ended up being broken, mostly likley, someone would have to be able to destroy the chasis without trace, or thats its been ringed. (it had buckets and straight through exhaust and set up on coilovers) hence i think the first is more likley.

One things for sure it was a " professional job" and I am quite worried about the civic.

Is weird reading this as it brings back all my anger towards the theiving c***s!!!