ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Reving Too High On Idle

Hi All

My 182 has now started idling at 2k intermittently & the temp gaugeis all over the place.

Im gonna book it in with renault but I thought Id ask U guys opinion first. As a complete layman when it comes to engines I would suggest engine management or something?????

I had the temperature sensor issue, but it didnt effect my idle speed, or at least not that I ever noticed. Get it looked at ASAP though...I left mine for a few weeks hoping it would go away...eventually it broke down.

My 182 wouldnt drop back to idle a few months ago when I put the clutch in at 4k on the tacho. Eventually it died down to idle after maybe 20 seconds.

Only a few hours after that the temp gauge started playing up. I got it looked at, they supposedly tightened the sensor on the engine and now after a month it has started to play up but nowhere near as bad (fluctuates maybe 1 notch). Getting it looked at next service.

Im pretty sure with the fast idle the ECU is trying to correct the idle speed because of the dud temp signal its getting (thinking its cold).

Just tried to book it in to Sunwin Reanault In Bradford & they carnt give me a slot until the 22nd...!!!

I told em I didnt want to damage the engine but he advised to run it till it brakes down & then theyd be able to slot it in early........!!!!! W**NKERS...!!!!

Tell them to fawk right off! Get it booked in somewhere else if needs be, and get the clueless muppets to fix it BEFORE it breaks down. You should complain to Renault UK that one of their dealers has told you to drive your car with a known fault until it breaks down in plumes of soot (which it will) If your dealer knew anything about the RS Clios (yeah good one) hed know that the temp sensor fault is something they can fix quickly. They took mine on a 60 mile bun-run before eventually fixing it.

Really - yet another horror story about sh*t dealers. Renault - sort it out FFS :sick:

PS. yeah mine was done under warranty. I was without the car for 3 days while they investigated the problem, despite Renault already having a known fix.

Are you not with AA Renault assistance I had a similiar problem with my 182 was revving at 3k at would nt die down, I called the AA they fixed it my Air sensor on the right hand side of the inlet manifold had actually come out.............

Rob.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Re: Archived Post from old forum

Are you not with AA Renault assistance I had a similiar problem with my 182 was revving at 3k at would nt die down, I called the AA they fixed it my Air sensor on the right hand side of the inlet manifold had actually come out.............

Rob.
my car is mk2 172..
I have the rev high idle problem , it sometimes rev 3~4000rpm by itself while i didnt accelerate...
what cause the problem? is air temp sensor? or engine,s wire cable?