ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 remap scotland

Clio 182
Not a member anyore :( can't see link.

Well all this has thrown a spanner in the works anyway. Seems 400 is a bit rich for a remap considering the other options

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Not a member anyore 😧 can't see link.

Well all this has thrown a spanner in the works anyway. Seems 400 is a bit rich for a remap considering the other options

I think either will be a good choice and money to be saved and a nice day out, hopefully ;).

Most on here will say efi as it’s the most popular place people have been. Either way I’m sure it will be a nice improvement

Clio 182
Well it' a bit off a drive but at over 200 quid saving for more or less the same tuning its probably worth it to be honest. Especially if its tweaked to each individual and not some generic map

Clio 182
What’s the spec?

Cars got 49k on clock. Only engine mods are a manifold back straight through scorpion exhaust and a ramair panel filter. Hopefully a healthy engine. With the low miles but we shall see. With the petrol and messing about itll be about 250 -300 all in going to either efi or rs anyway so might just bite the bullet for convenience sake and oay that bit more and go local. Least if there are any problems afterwords its not such a drive back!

dan's cast offs.
standard cams but with different timing, nice gains without the expense of having to have belts done and swap cams. just started a thread on it as it's first one i've done but got to be said gains are good.

InkedBEFORE AFTER SMOOTH CROPPED_LI.jpg

Clio 182
I think so bud. The power is there now from the get go. Not waiting for the 5k. Throttle is a lot sharper. And it' spitting flames out on the overrun so that' definiely new hahah

Clio 182
Over fuelling causes that iirc?

Not sure it’s ideal lol.

You have a decat :wink:

Is this the same as the pops n bangs rs tuner map? I've heard that can damage the engine? It's not excessve but sometime it's more like pops and gunshots and flames...

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Sounds like the pops and bangs map, or similar. No idea why they would do that unless the customer asked.

You havent got a cat so thats a plus lol. Wether it damages the engine, not sure. Don't think it will help and probably get annoying very quickly. Assuming this is your daily car.

Clio 182
I was told they would add a bit crackle to the overrun, wasn' expecting full on bangs. I got a vid I'll try upload it. It's my daily at the moment Yeah!

Clio 182
Can imagine it'll do my nut in very shortly. They should be able to make a bit tamer if I ask or just take it off completely They quoted me crackles not full on backfires lol

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't let ecotune draw a map of my garden. Made a royal c**t of my motor after charging me £450 for the privilege, it went back 3 times for them to try and rectify before I got Renault to flash it back to standard.

They didn't even write the map they just uploaded some file from Greece onto it then had to phone the company when it wouldn't work!