ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Owners

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

Mines done 750 miles, what mileage did you guys strart to drive the car hard fairly constently? i dunno if im doing it to early?

Silver Fabia vRS

I built it up from about 500 miles but didnt really rag it until 1000. Car feels really quick now as i have done 10500 miles!

I took mine for a good thrashing after about 350 miles wich was last week, ive done about 600 miles now and when ever the conditions allow its 6k+ rpm every time. :D

Lionel Richie

start putting load on the engine ie 3rd at 30mph and boot it!!!!

you wont break it, or do it and harm!!!!!!!!

Clio 182, Audi A3

At 750 miles, just make sure the oils fully warm (takes longer than you think, 10 miles at least) and drive it as you want to. Flogging it when cold is what does damage.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

Done 2000 miles and still havent drove it hard.

Im mad i know!

Had about a 20 mile journey home from motorpoint, the last 10 or so were motorway so hoping it was nice and warm by then i give it some, dropped it into third at about 50 and floored it. Did this a couple of times and nothing has broken yet.

Now done just over 1000 miles and give it some stick every time its warmed up :)...... rude not to really.

mine had 16 miles on it when i picked it up this afternoon it now has 68 on it and its been opened up already. not thrashed but up to about 6/6.5k when it was warm

9 miles on it yesterday when i picked her up, now up to 105, been up to 4500 when a ned tried to pass me, will hammer her when i have clocked around 1000

Opened it up after 1000miles

First trackday at 1400miles (ragged the a**e of it)

Now done 6000miles and 7 trackdays and its starting to feel a lot looser.:devilish:

Astra VXR 17/05/07

I run mine in as per the book pretty much,im keeping it for a while because i do so little miles in it and sometimes only get it out of my garage twice a week if im lucky.Every time i do get it out it feels like i just picked it up !

Could not bring myself to rag it straight away.

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

seems its not just me then driving her hard! thats cool. I generally am really gentle wih her, its just I do have my moments

Quote: Originally posted by tinhead on 28 November 2004

Opened it up after 1000miles

First trackday at 1400miles (ragged the a**e of it)

Now done 6000miles and 7 trackdays and its starting to feel a lot looser.:devilish:

<SCRIPT language=javascript>

Remind me not to buy this mans car:D

Quote:Remind me not to buy this mans car:D

My car is perfectly ok thank you, it is always warmed up before its driven hard and has regular oil changes.

It shouldnt be possible to damage modern engines just by using all the available revs, it is better for the car than pottering around town all day.