ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 or st?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'd have a Trophy over most cars never mind an ST!

I just want to be Luke! X

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
I should have you done for Slander.

I was 5 minutes from putting a deposit down on a Trophy before buying the Frp. Hardly think they're that bad! Maybe look back through my posts and find where I said there were crap.

It's funny. I remember mostly Clio owners complaining about the yacht sized wheel maybe of chewing gum. And 2 182 owners commenting how much better the ST box is.

I'm sure some pubescents in here would have people believe the 1*2 is the best car ever made, i'm sorry to disappoint, it's not.

Pissed on my fireworks :cry:

Last edited:
  260% JCW
Back in the day After my Zs I was looking at the ST, after testing both the ST was a bit limp IMO so I went for a 1*2. Being young though i didn't really give a f**k about build quality ect.

Try both and see what you think.

120d M Sport
Totally depends. I see you have a Clio 1.4 16v, if I were you I would be far from ruling out the ST...try something different from the Renault. I really like the feel of sporty Fords, it will feel like a huge upgrade from what you have. An ST would 'feel' newer in its drive to a MK2 Clio IMO. You'd also likely make a decent saving on insurance.

Failing that, as Luke said, £6k would get you a nice Trophy, which is the pick of the range!

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Luke is actually my twin!

Oh and I run Eibach Sachs. Double winning!

clio 3 1.4 16v
Thanks for all your help and responses guys! I'm not too worried about the interior quality as I've only ever driven my current Clio a Saxo furio :s and a corsa b so I've never really experienced luxury to miss it lol, I see quite a few st's on the road and I've honestly never seen 1 trophy so I like the idea of having something a bit more "exclusive" and I think they look awesome but I guess the deciding factor is always going to be he test drive, cheers again guys :)