ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 gone for BMW 320D

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Well after a significant increase in miles at work i decided to move to something a bit more economical. Picked it up a few weeks ago, its the E92 320D with 177bhp.

So far first impressions have been very good, so smooth and a much nicer place to be. Lots of torque there as well, feels much quicker in the lower revs. Handling is average, was expected not being on the m-sport springs. Fuel return has been good, mostly motorway miles gives around 600 miles to tank.

As for plans there's not a lot. Purchased a lip spoiler for the boot yesterday, and new angel eyes to get rid of the dull orange ones. Hopefully get a remap later on as well, returns seem worth it. Couple iPhone pics below, thanks for looking!

7917256046_f81b7bb128.jpg

Untitled by Arran Bell, on Flickr

7917264500_f5f91003c7.jpg

Untitled by Arran Bell, on Flickr

Clio 172
f**k sake, this makes me want to get an E92 335D/i just after Xmas :(

It's either that or a Z4M

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Feels like it pulls much quicker, as in the 182 it took until 5k to feel anything.

Its called Torque. Makes it feel much more powerful than it actually is.

I personally wouldn't have chosen the model you have but then its not my money. As long as you're happy that's all that matters.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
I love my derv a3 tdi dont know why I changed to an oil burner ages ago!

Still miss all my clios 197 was the best!

Leon Cupra 300
Nice car. I'd of wanted an M Sport but they're a LOT more expensive. Can't have everything.

I'm buying a 330d next year, auto... but then i'll still have my 197 Cup too so will still have something to thrash about.

Although i keep looking at 335i and thinking. They're so cheap now.

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
Ah, a good clean example. A good map will see you keeping up with a lot of other higher end NA motors without question.

Visual mods, not much needed to enhance the body itself. This is what my mates ended up looking like.

Shoot-9.jpg

Make sure you love and treat your clutch right;-)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Ah, a good clean example. A good map will see you keeping up with a lot of other higher end NA motors without question.

Visual mods, not much needed to enhance the body itself. This is what my mates ended up looking like.

Shoot-9.jpg

Make sure you love and treat your clutch right;-)

That's niiiiiiice...... :)

Never above 25mpg
You've got the shadowline trim which is nice as usually the SE's have the chrome round the windows!

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
Cheers guys. Yes leather was a definite! To be honest you can pick up a M sport front bumper for about £150 on the bay so may get done.
I've got a contact for Teddy down at SSDD who has some bits you might be interested in.

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
In my opinion I like the Non M-Sport cars more,

I will explain, They look more elegant. Yes the M-Sports look mean but, its no M3 or M5 etc. Whats the point in jazzing up a standard car.

The lines on this coupe flow better they dont have the harsh edges of the body kit and they have much more elegant wheels with bigger side-walls therefor meaning a more comfortable ride.

Again all my opinion. But I have to say, Its the model I would've gone for.

S3 Sportback, Ninja
In my opinion I like the Non M-Sport cars more,

I will explain, They look more elegant. Yes the M-Sports look mean but, its no M3 or M5 etc. Whats the point in jazzing up a standard car.

The lines on this coupe flow better they dont have the harsh edges of the body kit and they have much more elegant wheels with bigger side-walls therefor meaning a more comfortable ride.

Again all my opinion. But I have to say, Its the model I would've gone for.

Behave

e91 330d/type r mini
Nice car. I'd of wanted an M Sport but they're a LOT more expensive. Can't have everything.

I'm buying a 330d next year, auto... but then i'll still have my 197 Cup too so will still have something to thrash about.

Although i keep looking at 335i and thinking. They're so cheap now.
I'm craving a 330d now, Paul mapped a friend of mines last week and got just over 300bhp and 500ft lbs torque :)
this one is an auto and it goes like stink, we are currently talking a deal with my m3 so hopefully it will be mine before to long :)

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Nice car OP, whether it's M-sport or not isn't the big deal for me, it needs some better wheels, with more appropriately sized tyres for a bmw, those would look at home on a zafira ffs!

Thanks, yeah i am on the look out for some 19's. Finding decent priced ones is another story.