ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 for the day

Clio
seing as i have had a 1.2 16v dynamique for 2 years i was well chuffed when my boss gave me a black 182 with both cup packs for the day

all i can say is wow! and i want one! lol

only thing i didnt like was the brakes i found them scary when i landed half over the white line of some traffic lights lol but im sure i just had to much faith in them

i did want one as a next car but now i know i am DEFO having one next year in racing blue

cheers and goodnight lol

I find the brakes on my 172 quite odd. Sometime I don't think I'm going to stop, but I think maybe the trick is to just stamp on them! then it stops pretty sharp-ish.

dazraffan said:
if the brakes on a 1.2 are better than a 172/182 i will eat my hat!
I have to say I much prefere mine to the 172/182 brakes. Quite a few 172/182 onwers agree but mine seems a bit of a wierd car plus most other none RS I drive don't have the same brake feeling and power.
The outright performance maybe lower stopping ie from 100 etc but there easier to modulate.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
from the RS models i have driven i still much prefer my 1.2 brakes

Feel a lot sharper

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
I always thought the brakes on my 1.2 seemed a lot sharper, but I put it down to my imagination. But maybe I'm right!

ST
Aren't we forgetting that the 182 is a bit heavier over the front axle due to the diffence in engine weight....

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
172 brakes are s**t especially cups!!! 1.2 feels like you gonna be thrown through the windscreen

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
my brakes are brilliant. dont see any problems with them apart from a couple of occasions when theres been some brake fade but i was totally raggin it then.

The 182 brakes arent as heavily servo assisted so you need to press harder, and they also work best when there is some heat in them. The result is that you have to work them harder, and the reward is progression and pedal feel. Try those 1.2 brakes around a circuit or some very hard road use, and see how they fade at about the same temperature the 182 brakes are just getting started :)

Good brakes dont slam you through the windscreen when you brush the pedal - that's just over-assistance. Good brakes offer pedal feel and a progressive response thats reliable and easy to judge.

Roy Munson said:
Try those 1.2 brakes around a circuit or some very hard road use, and see how they fade at about the same temperature the 182 brakes are just getting started :)
I've use mine very on hard track on most Uk circuits with stock pads and no fade only time I ever got fade was at Bedford and the brakes weren't very good before I started.
Try take a 182 round a Uk circuit as hard as you can none stop your brakes will fade very quickly. For starters the wheels don't cool the brakes well.