ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 feels rough, accelleration jumpy.

Titanium Clio 182
My brothers car, (megane 225) has went into the garage this weekend just gone as when he put his foot down on the accellerator the car would wait for about 2 - 3 seconds then decide to go, then it would stop accelerating and then it would go again.

This is linked to my car problem, I was driving from Middlesbrough to Portsmouth last night and my car felt like it had no power, fair enough I had 4 people in my car including myself. But at one point, I put my foot down and it just didn't do anything for about 1 second, then it started to accelerate. Also when I was sitting at 80 and then eccelerated it would do the same thing.

My car was alright until I filled it up at Morissons Petrol station in Middlesbrough. Also my brother said his was alright until then, his got so bad that its in the garage now. Could this be dodgy petrol? If so what can I do about it.

Thanks in advance

Mondeo STTDCI
Fuel additives are available. Else just cane that tank and go get some optimax.

J

JACKO CUP 172!

always feels lumpy on 95..get some super duper will go so much better...

Titanium Clio 182
Best to run it on super mate...it doesn't say it inside the fuel filler door for nothing..

always feels lumpy on 95..get some super duper will go so much better...

Well the cars been fine this weekend. 95 ron is fine for the car. I used to run it on 97 and then tescos 99ron but went back to Morissons 95. Its just weird that both his Migane and my Clio suddenly started behaving like this over the weekend.

Titanium Clio 182
I think its just a bad batch of fuel, yesterday I accellerated from standstill and put my foot right down and it went for a bit then in 2nd gear it just stopped accelerating and stayed at the same speed for 3 seconds, could it be possible that something is sticking?

172 'Raymondo' Sport
I dont think its the fuel, all cars should run fine on 95.

If it happens again it could be the lambda sensor as my clio 172 and 106 gti would loose all power for a few seconds when you put ur foot down and it would then clear and be fine.

Titanium Clio 182
hmm, its a weird one, so is it a coincidence that my brothers Megane 225 and My clio 182 were working fine before we put the petrol in the cars, from the same petrol station. Its a bit suspicious, my brothers going to ring Morrisons Petrol station up and ask if any one else has had problems sin filling up from their station.

J

JACKO CUP 172!

could be some crap fuel. about a year ago we had no super at our local esso due to it getting water in it at the esso depo, was like it for a few months..

Titanium Clio 182
could be some crap fuel. about a year ago we had no super at our local esso due to it getting water in it at the esso depo, was like it for a few months..
ok i'll just have to buy some decent fuel for my weekly journey to Middlesbrough from Portsmouth. Hopefully it should be sorted soon.

Titanium Clio 182
I bought some Tesco 99ron and I added some redex to clean the engine but its still doing it. Also yesterday whilst waiting in the que for KFC my emmisions light started flashing.

Renaultsport 220T
I bought some Tesco 99ron and I added some redex to clean the engine but its still doing it. Also yesterday whilst waiting in the que for KFC my emmisions light started flashing.

Easily solved, don't eat at KFC!!!!!
And don't use redex, it won't help matters.

:dead:

Titanium Clio 182
oh winner, that will probably cost more money.

I've got it going into a service next Saturday in Portsmouth with Rentech hopefully Mike can find something thats wrong with it. I just hope its not expensive as the service is £150. I'll be proper skint if its more as I've got loads of debts I'm paying off at the moment. lol

Titanium Clio 182
under warrenty isnt it? upstream oxygen sensor i think
Well i've missed one service and it goes out of warranty in 2000 miles. The missing of a service would probably void the warranty me thinks.

It stops accelerating worst when the car has just started, when its cold.

Monaco Blue 172
sounds familiar... but i've never bought fuel at tesco/morrisons. only sainsbury super or v-power! did you ever find out what was wrong with it??