ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup Owners

Ibis A3 BE

Hi there, Im Rich (give away in my user name...) and I own a 182 Cup in Racing Blue with stripes. I was just wondering how many 182 Cup owners are on this forum? I have been lurking and reading the posts for ages but have never properly posted myself.

I actually got the car from another member on here - Richy123. Found his offering on here too. So already owe a lot to this forum!!

Cheers for now, Rich.

I own a 182Cup and Im glad. Its 0.05% quicker and doesnt have the toys that break weekly, yet still has the essentials like AC & cruise etc. ;)

Yep it had the temp senosr fault.

Although it hasnt broken down in torrential rain with no wipers. The washers havent pissed all over my drive, the (lack of) Xenons havent broken, and the (lack of) climate control hasnt broken. Its clear to me that the 182cup is not only (minutely) faster, but doesnt suffer from all the annoying faulty toys that distiungish the full fat car.

tiTTy & SV650

fair enough but i havent had any problems with any of those things either. just the usual shock absorbers, engine oil leak and break pressure sensor.

Cam

182 Cup

Hello there, another Cup owner here too!! Temp sensor fault aswell.:( But fixed now after the 4th time of it being to renno. Oh yeah and a small oil leak which i noticed the other day.

[Edited by Firey on 19 August 2005 at 7:56pm]

Quote: Originally posted by steamywindows on 19 August 2005
never had 1 prob with my full fat 182 it was tested against all other cliosports and came out to be the most reliablest and the bestest :D

LOL okay mate (y)

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220

Hi! I have a 182 Cup with the stripes as well. What area are you from?

Quote: Originally posted by steamywindows on 19 August 2005lol you love the full fat/cup debate you can tell everyone you wished you picked a full fat 182 instead of a cup nobody will laugh ;)
Yeah I often wish my lights an wipers didnt work. I have always hankered after having toys Id never use just so they could break and render me with a car that didnt work. Or have I always just been satisfied with a (1%) faster car that has 99% of the toys that matter and is 101% as much fun?

PS. I realise all the above is a sweeping statement ;)

renault clio 182 cup

4000 thousand miles on and it still puts a very large smile on my face every time i drive it.the best car in the world .LOVE IT:D :D

Ibis A3 BE

Im based in Reading this year Munday. Nice to see a few striped cups are about! I have seen a couple of full fats around here but no other cups so far. And I have never seen an Inferno in the flesh.

Thanks for the welcome everybody.

On a side note - I have just been to see The Island, and I highly recommend it. Has the Chrysler ME Four - Twelve featured in it - impressive driving sequences even if they are slightly far-fetched. Sure a 182 would give it a run for its money though!! :D

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 19 August 2005Haha, i love Roy, ive got a "full-fat" 182 with no weekly faults or breakages and unlike Roy i drive like a man ;)

Is that buddy love or real love? :oops:

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 20 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 19 August 2005Haha, i love Roy, ive got a "full-fat" 182 with no weekly faults or breakages and unlike Roy i drive like a man ;)

Is that buddy love or real love? :oops:

That would be telling ;)

182cup/D40/Hornet

Got a 182 cup blue with stripes,4.5k had temp.sensor fault,usual Renault sh*te service,alarm keeps beeping (think its down to sensor under the bonnet)cracking car though engine getting better the more miles I do,the only thing is brake fade when going hard ,better pads/discs will sort this out me thinks(more overtime!)

Skoda Octavia TDi vRS

Racing blue with stripes here. 5k and a temp fault. Going into the dealers on Thursday for them to attempt a repair.

Ive also done nearly 4000 miles in 7 weeks. Is that a record?

Steve

182 Cup, (2nd one)

I have 182 cup in inferno.

Got the car to 2000 miles when it started making a clumping /grinding noise. Got it checked in to the dealer and found that 3 bolts on the steering rack had not been done up when it left the factory. Nice compensation from Renault though, no damage done to the car and its been brilliant ever since

That charlie b is really cheeky,just cos she lives with me she thinks its her car lads.

[Edited by mason__1 on 22 August 2005 at 10:41am]

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220

Quote: Originally posted by rich_84 on 20 August 2005

Im based in Reading this year Munday. Nice to see a few striped cups are about! I have seen a couple of full fats around here but no other cups so far. And I have never seen an Inferno in the flesh.

Thanks for the welcome everybody.

On a side note - I have just been to see The Island, and I highly recommend it. Has the Chrysler ME Four - Twelve featured in it - impressive driving sequences even if they are slightly far-fetched. Sure a 182 would give it a run for its money though!! :D
Hi Rich, I live only 15/20mins from Reading and have seen a 182 Cup there before (I parked next to it at the Bell and Dragon Car Park). You should come to the meet we are having tomorrow night.
By the way, you dont happen to come near RAF Benson at all? My dad keeps seeing one all the time driven by a young guy, is it you?

Ibis A3 BE

Munday, Ive only had my Cup for just over a month now, just to give you an idea of how long Ive been driving about in it around Reading. Where is the meet happening? I dont think Ill be able to make it but would be good to know about others coming up.

I dont drive near RAF Benson so I dont think its me that your dad has seen.

Im a bit worried about all the problems that seem to catch up with the 182, but I guess Ill just take it as it is and as and when there is a prob, Ill get it sorted. Just trying to enjoy it as much as poss for now, and that doesnt seem to be too hard to do! :D

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220

Hi Rich,

The link for the meet tonight is this: http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=7&TopicID=177907&PagePosition=1http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=7&TopicID=177907&PagePosition=1

It will be a laugh and everyone is very friendly, try and make it if you can. The Racing Blue colour seems to be getting quite common, I saw one (without stripes) in the same village as me which is quite strange. I put my hand up and he looked and completely ignored me, ah well!

How many miles have you got on yours? I seemed to have racked up the miles quite quick (5300 in 3 months) but most of them are motorway miles.
Glad to see your enjoying your motor :D

Clio 182 Cup

Cup 182 owner down here in Perth, Australia. Blue with the white stripes also. :cool: Ive never seen another one with stripes yet, (and probably never will as theres only 30 in Aus), and Ive seen only 3 RS Clios in the last 6 months. Theyre as rare as reverse swing down here... :D

cheers

k00k

Hey Rich_84

Hows the car going?? you bought that off my older brother richy123

he got his just before i got mine (bout 2days or something)

he borrows mine from time to time and he has just ordered the new clio trothy.

Ibis A3 BE

Hey london cup, yeah I knew you both had matching 182s for a bit, and I am very much up to date with his foray into new cars!! S2000 and Trophy cant be bad. Im happy with sticking with the Cup tho!

Munday - howd it go last night? Read the thread - did ya manage to get into the weird hospital? Sounded pretty cool and will have to try and make one of the next meets. I have around 4,600 miles on my Cup now. Scary how the miles tick on but I dont want to get bothered about it - it is made to be driven so thats what I will do!

Nice to have the aussie touch k00k. Whats the F1 edition about in your name? Is that how the Cup was sold in Australia?

Problems with my car at the mo:

Rear right light cluster plays up every so often. Drivers seat is slightly squeaky (padding wise) when moving about in it. Rear speaker covers vibrate with minimal volume. So all teething probs at the mo, and I hope it stays that way. Will have to get it into Renault sometime soon though. Off down to Dartmouth this weekend though - so just want to get some good driving in. :)

Clio 182 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by rich_84 on 24 August 2005

Nice to have the aussie touch k00k. Whats the F1 edition about in your name? Is that how the Cup was sold in Australia?
Yep, they were bought out here just before the F1 race in Melbourne. Theyre just your normal Cup spec racing blue 182s with the stripes. They also have a Renault F1 Team Edition plaque signed by Alonso and Fisichella on the overhead console. Only 30 of them in Aus, all numbered on the plaque. Mine is number 14. :)

yet another 182 cup owner here, racing blue no stripes tho. loving ever minute it although had the SPORT badge from the back stolen last night :(

F**king people, why steal someones badge off there car. orded another one from Reno tho, £19.95 + vat. ( I HATE CHAVS )