ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182, 200, Z4 or something turbo

Meg 300Cup
I used to have the 182 and loved it but I'm a slight car ho and just change every year so I had a load of cash and bought the 200, but it's just nothing like the 182 when it comes to fun imo

yes it's a lot more capable car, quicker in a straight line and faster through corners but never feels like its even breaking a sweat so it's not as easy to have fun in, much nicer car to live with I will say, but I miss some noise too

so I'm considering another change...

back to a 182 (probably a bad idea straight after 3 clios)
Z4 3.0
something relatively sensible with a turbo 30mpg ish+ (similar to a mk1 RS bu better as a mate just got one lol)
or shut up and keep the 200 for a bit lonlonger

just need the insurance to be about 1k max for a 20yo and upto 8k but preferably less for the car

182FF
1. Are u pissed?
2. Have you ever attended an English lesson?
3. 200 faster than a 182 in a straight line? What have you been taking tonight?

Meg 300Cup
1. Are u pissed?

Unlike 90% of the people on these forums, I've actually owned both so I think I'll keep my opinion cheers.

RB 182 195bhp
Unlike 90% of the people on these forums, I've actually owned both so I think I'll keep my opinion cheers.

I don't think the z4 would be that great tbh. Pretty heavy and not that powerful, I'd say that wouldn't be any fun at all. What about a Megane r26? Wouldn't go back to the 182 either though, I think it would be a case of rose tinted glasses and when you got back in there your regret the backwards step

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Z4 3.0 is pretty nippy. It's not chuckable like a 182. They must be good value now

RB 200
1. Are u pissed?

Not much difference at all in the clios, but I'll happily say my 200 is quicker in a straight line than most of the 182's I've been out with, but not a massive amount, although I'm putting 201.9bhp through the wheels and I think standard most of them sit at about 190? I'd think about a Meg r26 ... Think I'll be going for the R26r when I need a change, although the 200 will be staying for good.

Passat
Mazda 3 MPS (old shape)
Megane R26
Focus ST

Those are the cars that give me sleepless nights. I crave them but know that I wouldn't have as much fun as I do in the 182.

In fact - maybe get a Trophy if you haven't already had one?

Corsa Van. Meh.
Z4 is a good shout. Although finding a decent one seems tricky that isn't stupid money.

We have been looking for 2 months!

Must be the 3.0 though!

Megane r26
I had a 172 then a 197 and back to a 182 and must I say I prefer the ph2 sport so much better. My 197 made 194.6bhp and was great in the bends and so much more refined but it was no quicker then the 182 maybe even a little slower.

The 197/200 weighed more too but to me there a bit of a disappointment and the fuel economy didn't really add up considering the performance.

RB 200
meh, fuel economy.. should take them stupid MPG calculators off cars, just gives people something to moan about :p

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

The 172/182 is 100% quicker in a straight line than the 197/200. I've tried and tested in many times, both from rolling and standing, the mk2 platform is definitely faster. Ask Steve@Rsport what happened on the way to CSS 2011. He was not a happy bunny.

Z4 would be good fun. Nothing like a bit of top down driving and the 3.0 is plenty powerful enough.

A man after my own heart.

Z4 3.0 is pretty nippy. It's not chuckable like a 182. They must be good value now

You driven one? I'd personally say they're the chuckable version of the 3 series, it feels quite go-kart-esque. Not as much as the Clio, but for a 6 cyl BMW they are quite nimble.

Considered a S2000?

All well and good but the insurance is over double what a z4 etc would be.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
in the real world there isnt a difference between any of the clios

Yep, my 200 is a on a par with my sisters 172 cup up until silly speeds where the 200 is honestly a little bit quicker (but not much)

I've had a few little tussles with 172's & 182's & there's honestly little to nothing in it (driver depending).

RB clio 182
182s are defo quicker in a straight line by a tiny bit (which means nothing really)

The gears are longer and the cars are much lighter.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
182s are defo quicker in a straight line by a tiny bit (which means nothing really)

The gears are longer and the cars are much lighter.

As you say though mate, it's not noticeable. Especially with a lot of them getting on now, they've probably lost a few ponies haha.

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
well there is not much in it! a strong engined 200 with 195hp would beat a weak engined 155hp 182! and vice versa