ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 which tyres are best???

Ph2 172
hello there, so its past 4:20..

just need to know which tyres i should buy for my 2005 clio 172?

At the moment i have pirelli p7s on the front and michelin pilot sports on the back because i couldnt afford not to mix.

would prefer not to mix in future :)

Cheers,

Emoney

Range Rover Sport
I really wasn't a fan of the Toyo T1R's UNTIL recent.

They just about held together on track so fast road they'd be perfect and for approx £50 per corner they really are good value for money.

Ph2 172
haha thanks - my bad - very new to the forum so thought it would be easier just asking and getting fresh ideas :p

:rasp:

Ph2 172
ah really? this is why i joined the forum :) the vin says its 05 but it doesnt have the double exhaust or the body kit i always thought was from the 182.

Lol actually no I still hate them in the rain id rather be on cheapo tyre with full tread in the rain than have the sloppy boat like handling rainsports give lol.

Last edited:
  Range Rover Sport
We managed an entire outing at Oulton with the Toyos.

Granted towards the end sessions they started to melt pretty bad but so do track dedicated tyres.

I think the toyos offer a great mid range performance at a good price. I can't see a situation on the road fast driving they wouldn't handle unless the driver runs out of talent!

I was never a fan of 'proxes' but I would have them over the Yoko Prada which is a more summer dedicated tyre.

Audi A5
Their is no such thing as a 'best tyre' it depends on what you want from the tyre.

Search bar bar is your friend tbh.

Ph2 172
Mine came with p zeros on. They aren't too bad, my PE2's on my old car were much more planted at the rear in the wet though, same pressures. Dry grip is really good though.

FF Racing Blue 182
If your not racing around like a mad man and its road use only i don't see why you shouldn't get budget ones

I used to be a tyre snob but I got budgets to pass my mot and I've had no problems

FF Racing Blue 182
It's a can of worms really they've done me no harm and bobby I'm not going to entertain that with an answer

Wow, fair play the guy didn't use the search bar but doubting what car he has? A numberplate doesn't state what year of manufacture is, just the year it was registered.

agree with this its a can of worms

I will be getting some p zero's next month as the reviews are really good

I think you'll be surprised, they've held up VERY well in the heavy rain we had a week or so back and they seem to be performing just as well if not better than T1R's.

T1r's are utter shite IMO. I have v12 evo's on mine ATM and I'm not that impressed, michelins on Dan's are impressive and shall be what goes on mine when I've torn the rest out the hankooks.

182cup & 172 racecar
There is about 500 Threads on this subject, and they have all got the same shiz in them ffs.

Oh and it TYRES not Tires.

WRX
Think somebody should do a sticky.
Mind you, obviously nobody searches. Or they do, don't find a definitive answer so ask again.:banghead:

Think somebody should do a sticky.
Mind you, obviously nobody searches. Or they do, don't find a definitive answer so ask again.:banghead:

A sticky tyre thread would probably be good or an FAQ type article, I searched on tyres there is lot of detail in here, but it does depend also what you intend using the car for so would need a couple headings

Track dry
Track wet and dry
Track wet
Suitable for Track and Road wet and dry.... The all rounder :)
Road
Winter

Also need to include 195 vs 205 :)

I've short listed from searching Michelin, Yokohama, Federal and Toyo, not decided going to see what the car has when I pick up tomorrow and work out a plan.

Ph2 172
Hankook v12 evos are shocking. No confidence in them what so ever. Yes my pressures are fine and i don't drive like a tool!

Hankook v12 evos are shocking. No confidence in them what so ever. Yes my pressures are fine and i don't drive like a tool!

I like mine, YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!! :D

Only kidding, not sure why the thread was kept open imo, its the same as every thread - tyres really are a personal thing (and based on how you drive).