ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 went ST arrived..

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Re: the ST, ill let global director of performance vehicles, Jost Capito tell you.

And what was the goal with the Fiesta ST?

Essentially to produce a little brother for the Focus ST – it is as simple as that. We are aiming for 178bhp from a 1.6-litre turbocharged four-cylinder Ecoboost engine and that is a very specific target. We are not interested in trying to match rival models like the Renaultsport Clio 200, because we need the Fiesta ST to be affordable, to be cheap to insure and to do so in all markets. And anyway, the Fiesta is 100kg lighter than the Clio RS. I am convinced our car will be better to drive!

Phs1 172
Nice St. These are great cars imo, they handle really well but are too high as standard. I love my ST. Agreed they are flat and restricted as standard but two mods is all they need to open them up, a flexi pipe and a decent air filter, they are much free'er reving after this.

I have both a 172 and an ST and tbh theres not much between them. The clio lacks low down torque but pulls a lot harder from 4.5k ish, where as the fiesta is a lot more torquey lower down but does not rev as hard past 4k. I love both of them.

I bought mine new in 2005, I still have it now and its nearly going to tick 99k, its been the most reliable and best car i ever owned.

Cheeky pic of mine

DSC_0745_zps3c8438ad.jpg

Gareth.

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Looks nice mate ! Will be hopefully getting a full milltek decat on this with mani
And a K&N :) should free up some ponies

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Ford fan boys are so cringe worthy lol.

Who really cares, the difference is minor anyway, stop trying to justify the fact the ST is slower.. Besides if it worked so well before why have they not done the same again with the current gen?

I'm not a Ford fan though. I drive a Renault. Before that I have always been Peugeot. I have only owned one ford, it was a Puma.

I do however understand sales, marketing and common sense.

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
De stickered the car today, took the p**s but looks better IMO

ysasy3un.jpg

nyzu7yma.jpg

saveqatu.jpg

ysy6apa4.jpg

Next job ..

New centre caps
Black wheels
Eibach springs
Whiteline rear arb
K&N induction kit

:)

clio 182 FF
Wow that looks miles better without the stickers. it will look even better once you get your other bits done. Good work

Vectra SRi
Looks much better without the stripes, personally I would have kept the 172 or upgraded to the 182.

I do like the Styling of these, especially when lowered! I'd De-Tango the headlights too..

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Looks much better without the stripes, personally I would have kept the 172 or upgraded to the 182.

I do like the Styling of these, especially when lowered! I'd De-Tango the headlights too..

It was a matter of cost mate, I wanted a 182 but wouldn't of got a good one for the price I paid for this. Plus then there's insurance and tax as well, gunna run this for a year now I think.

Yeah needs lowering and needs wheels painting, ATM looks like a standard zetec s

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Well was searching round looking at induction kits for the car all seem pretty simple a 90 bend with a filter so was looking at making my own.

But then spoke to a friend who owns MTC Motorsport and he's sorted me one out, he's only just started selling them but I'm really pleased with it, only thing is it's highlighted a flat spot at around 4k which then frees up and pulls again so I feel like this filter has freed it up a bit and now the exhaust is restricting it.

Looks good though, went for black, not a fan of different coloured hoses in the bay..

avujenu6.jpg

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
So much better without the stripes, good choice! Don't get black wheels though :( they only work on a white car imo.

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
I love the ST, I'm after one next year. My dads mate has one in blue, low mileage, no stripes and he's put a k&n filter too. He's after an Audi rs/s4 next year so hopefully I could have his ST.
White>Blue>Red>Black>Silver I think. I like the stripes on some tbh (red and blue ones), but I agree your's does look better without. Must just be the angles of the photos that makes it look different lol.
Anyway, enough rambling, nice looking car mate! :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Can't believe how high they sit as standard.

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
For those interested gave the car a well needed detail need to give it a detox really

ybaheraj.jpg

u9e2yven.jpg

ta2u8e3a.jpg

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Cars up for sale soon, will be posting an add up on here soon with all details if anyone knows someone after a cheap ST send em my way haha

jeveryba.jpg

6y3yhe2a.jpg

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
noo mate, priorities have changed atm, will be looking for something cheaper or a diesel to cut outgoings down,
unfortunately this new insurance company im with don't want me having another cliosport :( wont provide me with a quote
so its gunna have to be something smaller engined or diesel for rest of policy,

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Been asked that before it's a black plastic slam panel pic was took at a petrol station with red lights showing up onto car

Lowered the car today see how it looked ... 100x better IMO

agy2a6ar.jpg

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Another lowered pic, shows how far the rear wheels sit in though but thinking rear axle spacers next & ideally looking at pro race 1.2s In 16s

a5yvu6e7.jpg