ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 ticking

172 cup
please please please can anyone help??

seem to have tapping noise on idle which is more noticable when your inside the car, it doesn't always happen but worried what the problem maybe.

any ideas???:dapprove:

406 passion wagon..
Had this on my 172, needed the aux belt and tensioners needed changing.... £600 at Renault... :-( they changed the cam belt also..

172 cup
umm maybe it is.. just hope it dont cost the earth my bro has a clio and said something about charcoal fuel box on the side of the engine

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
I had a very tappety sound from my fezzy, but that was couse i hadnt shimmed the engine proper after putting fast road cams in.

dont think thats what yours is

172CUP/Fiesta supersport
most likely the charcoal canister, they are metal on 172's but the 182 has a plastic un and they don't tend to do this.

C

clio172cup20

If it ticks constant at idle and you rev it the tickin increases its the charcoal canister!!
Nothin to worry about, i think there £40 from ReNo and its located left side of the engine.

Take left wheel off - remove the plactic and you'll see a box thing!!

I haven't bovered with mine!!

All good tho!

BMW M3
Yep, it the Charcoal Canister as mentioned above... i think its cause by there not being sufficient lining round it or something and is nothing to worry about. If you rev a little, it should increase and then go away.

It is used to evaporate exhaust fumes i think.

It's A Reno
Mines done this from new, usually does it when the engine has been run a while, but goes away when revved.
I simply view it as part of the Clio percussion:)

SLK32///AMG & 330ci sport
ahhhh, so its the noise from the switch/relay that opens and closes the tank feed on the charcoal cannister!!!

that makes sense!

had this problem on my subaru so i removed the whole system!

what the system does is allow the fumes from the tank to be burned at idle so there is no vent to atmos on the fuel tank.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
deffo this, i had the same problem. Its £44 for a new one, possioned under the drivers headlight (underthe bumper)

easy job