ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Suspension - ph1/ph2

Golf GTI MKV
Hi,

I've currently got a phase1 172 which has been fitted with both Eibach springs and shocks by the previous owner.

I'd like to convert the car back to standard so am thinking about finding somebody that would be up for a swap. Does anyone know if the phase2 shocks/springs are the same as the phase1?

It's just that there are more phase2's around, possibly making finding somebody to swap a bit easier.

Cheers

Audi TT 225
I think they will fit fella I asked this not so long ago, all the springs are the same dimentions and the shocks should fit too.

Golf GTI MKV
Cheers Rich & Day ... just need to find someone to swap now.

Also, as I've never driven my phase1 without the Eibach set up on, how exactly is it going to differ? Obviously the handling is pretty good right now, it's not going to turn into a bag of jelly is it?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
i have some std springs id swap with you for the eibachs?
phase 1 springs

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
mine are from a phase 1 - std phase 1 172 springs - off the car. whats wrong with me?! :(

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
im in manchester mate. but as i said the springs are off the car. mines on apex but i wouldnt mind giving those eibachs a go.
how would you work a maneouvre for this then? im only on internet between 9-5 tho cos not got it yet at my flat!
drop me a Pm mate i try get back to ya this weekend if u fancy it or sort sumthin out.

Golf GTI MKV
davebem:

Yeah I've got a few piccys.

As your a local lad I'd be interested in seeing what yours is like as I've never been in one with the standard setup, and vica-versa i guess. Can meet up to compare sometime if you fancy it?

ballbag04:

Cheers for your interest but as davebem virtually lives in the same town as me it would be a lot easier for me to work something out with him and check out his standard setup. I'll investigate this first and then get back in touch if nothing works out.