ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 stalling problem

Iceberg 172
my 172 has recently starting stalling when putting the clutch down coming upto junctions. The car is fine when first started in the morning (cold) runs fine, idles fine. But as soon as its heated up. Alot of the time it looks like its going to stall and sorts itself out or it stalls. It starts back up no problem!
I've recently changed the thermostat and only once i put this in its started to stall etc!!

Any ideas?

Golf GTD Mk7
I had the same issue, but it went away. Assumed the clutch was sticking or release bearing wasnt working as it should.

J

jarfun123

Right, i have also had this problem and on sat i cleaned the tdc sensor, which i have done before and didnt work, but i changed the inlet manifold seals £11 from renault, as they were as flat as a pancake and touch wood it has been spot on. I think air must have been getting in after the throttle body.