ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Ph1 Pads don't fit

Ph1 172
I recently bought the Brembo max disc, ferodo pad, braided lines combo off yozzasport. After being prevented by rain to fit it last weekend I decided tonight to fit the pads a disks (as my old pads are dead) however was going to leave the lines and bleed till the weekend.

However the front pads do not fit into the carriers!
I thought all sports came with the same brakes :S
Im stuck now, anyone else come accross this?
Any recomendations?
The pads seem tobe ever so slightly longer & deeper

Tom

Octavia vRS tfsi
No, put the pads face to face in a vice and file them.

File evenly and check often. You can't put back on what you file away.

I've had a number of different pads and not once had to adjust them to fit!

Probably have the wrong pads in the correct box, happens.

Ph1 172
caliper shims have to come out and you'll have to file the edges off them a wee bit

are the caliper shims the metal pieces which go between the pads and the carrier (you get two on each brake) which the pad slides along?

As for them being the wrong ones I got them from yozzasport so they shouldnt really have any else in stock.

Ph1 172
You can never be too sure on here
LOL

Well got there in the end guys, thanks for all your help, i've had 9 cars (including 2 valvers) and never had so much trouble fitting pads before, but got there in the end. Removed the sliders and also ended up not being able to use the old anti rattle jobbies on the backs of the pads as these made the pad to wide, so just got tons of copper grease on the back of the pads now.

Ill probably do the braided lines and a full bleed this weekend now, lets hope that goes a little smoother.

Tom