ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Ownership and Distinct Lack of Progress.

Megane 225 F1
Re: 172 Ownership and progress.

The F1's are a dark anthracite colour.

The ARB is low because it has these spacers on the drop links which I shall be removing tomorrow :)

182 BEAN

Took a few pictures after getting it washed by the polish people :)

I only used my small camera as I tried to find some batteries for my better camera but after rummaging through the man draw, I only found dead ones....Typical.

QUOTE]

washed by the polish = fail

Megane 225 F1

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...ound!!-(Skoda-Fabia)&highlight=skoda+splitter

That's the thread with all the info. £11 IIRC.

So today I popped over R1XPH's so HE could fit a rear shock / damper (which is it?) as one of mine was leaking and VeinAst off here had a spare one. So that will do me until I can afford a new set. While we were at it WE shortened the spacers on my ARB.

Then popped over to see Ali at Renault so he could stick my car on the ramps and fit the braided lines and do a fluid change. Braking has definitely improved and fills me with more confidence in my brakes.

I then decided I would remove my front fogs lights. Purely because I don't like them, and saw a pic of a black 172 without them and it looks mean as f**k. I may also use the holes as brake cooling, but that's a maybe. No pics yet as it was dark by the time I finished this but will be going out next week with the camera and get some more pics :)

I just got back from a quick blast and I love how the car handles now. Can fling it around round-abouts with out the back end skipping out and just point and the car will go around a corner. It's an awesome bit of kit and I really recommend people getting them!

So it's been a good weekend for the car and I love how the car is right now. I just look forward to when I can afford to go on track now. Don't think there is anything else I NEED to do to it (bar the upper gearbox mount that I still need to fit. Halfords don't believe in 18mm deep sockets :mad: ) to make it any better. But you know what I'm like, I love to change things.

Shall be getting the wheels refurb or a new set purchased at the beginning of the summer.I would love some TD Pro Race 3's :eek: but lets see what happens.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF

Will, we will do your gearbox mount in a couple of weeks, wont take long.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Will it seems like you have an army of people offering to help you out.. :(

I can't even get my top GB mount off. Dayum.

Megane 225 F1

Will, we will do your gearbox mount in a couple of weeks, wont take long.

Cheers mate :D Drop me a text when you're free

How deep do you want the socket to be?

Normal sockets aren't deep enough and the deep sockets in the halfords kit, don't include 18.

Will it seems like you have an army of people offering to help you out.. :(

I can't even get my top GB mount off. Dayum.

South west is awesome you see ;) ( I still wish to be South East Honoury though <3)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

Il help you rob ;)

You can refurb my wheels for me :rasp: or clean my rocker cover as its filthy and is ruining my engine bay :( but it matches my black inlets now lol

Il have too see your car with no fogs will, see if i like.

Megane 225 F1

I'l get some pics tomorrow and whack em up. Give me something to do after my pointless 2 hour shift FFS

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Well you are nice and local Mark... lol!

Will, 2 hour shift? Tell them politely to do one.

Tell them it's not worth the commute.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

Well you are nice and local Mark... lol!

Will, 2 hour shift? Tell them politely to do one.

Tell them it's not worth the commute.

Bring the mrs and that tent we'l have a 3 way in that then il fix your car ;)

Megane 225 F1

Lol its my work placement thing. Might blah some overtime when I get in.

Can I come in this tent for a 4 way? You guys camping at FCS?

Megane 225 F1

P1020129.jpg

There we go Mark. Quick pic for you. Need to clean my plastic bits.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

Lol its my work placement thing. Might blah some overtime when I get in.

Can I come in this tent for a 4 way? You guys camping at FCS?

Yeah we will be ;) and ovc you can join the more the merrier!

Cheers for the pic! might make mine into some CAF just need to decide on the trumpet colour...

Megane 225 F1

I'm staying in a travel lodge with the SW guys. Helping Brian out with the set up at silly o clock so f**k packing s**t up early.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

BOO!!

Anyway

Do it

img0313s.jpg

Doing the TB atm, then il do the engine mount and rocker cover at a later date :cool:

Megane 225 F1

Oh I like. What paint? Might do this at the weekend. Nothing else to do.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

Just standard matt black paint, i was going to use hi temp but used this and its fine, even went for a good blast to get the engine hot and no flaking or anything :cool:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

No fogs are for eminem lookalike hero's iirc!

Looks great mate, pretty much perfect for a 172.

Looks much better without fogs. Rig up some sort of brake ducting as well, As long as its hardly visible will be good.

With regards to your yellow hammerite. Please dont eminem.

Megane 225 F1

No fogs are for eminem lookalike hero's iirc!

Looks great mate, pretty much perfect for a 172.

I shall never live the eminem down.....I like this. It isn't perfect yet. Not until the wheels are silver :)

Looks much better without fogs. Rig up some sort of brake ducting as well, As long as its hardly visible will be good.

With regards to your yellow hammerite. Please dont eminem.

Don't worry, I won't be. I shall be doing the same as Tunst. Black inlets but I will have yellow Renault Sport :)

As for ducts, I shall be sorting that soon. Need to look into carbon canister etc.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

Just refitted my TB and removed my fogs, its all coming together :cool:

Just need to paint the recker cover, engine mount and lower inlet!

Edit:

I shall never live the eminem down.....I like this. It isn't perfect yet. Not until the wheels are silver :)

Silver looks way better :approve: Needs to have lots of flake though

Don't worry, I won't be. I shall be doing the same as Tunst. Black inlets but I will have yellow Renault Sport :)

As for ducts, I shall be sorting that soon. Need to look into carbon canister etc.

What's up with your cc? Assume its going to be in the way. Mines slightly broke, but as far as I'm aware I don't think it makes much of a difference. Don't quote me on that though.

Megane 225 F1

You just need a tow eye and a recessed exhaust ;)

I have a TRS yellow tow strap (on) for when I go on track for the 1st time. I would love a recessed but I think stealth is more fun. However, I might be replacing my centre section with a straight through.

What's up with your cc? Assume its going to be in the way. Mines slightly broke, but as far as I'm aware I don't think it makes much of a difference. Don't quote me on that though.

I haven't looked into it yet, but I remember someone mentioning MPG? I don't know lol.

Megane 225 F1

**Update**

Not much has happened recently.

Bought a set of Oz F1s to be refurbed as my current set are slightly buckled :( Will be getting them done in sparkly silver. Should get them back next week sometime :)

Went out to my car this morning to find that someone had stolen one of my bullets. Just the one. Will be interesting to see if they come back for the other. I'm going to be replacing them with a standard set, or maybe spray them the same silver as the wheels. Will also then be losing the yellow callipers and painting them black.

I'm also going to get a set of rear new shocks as I have an unmatched set on the rear and tbh it is a very bouncy ride so I don't think they are in the best condition.

A 197 Renault Sport badge as well.

I also have a cup spoiler that will be painted in the next month. My dad does work along side a body shop so he said he might be able to get them to do it on the cheap and I have worked with him and met a few of the guys and they are into their cars as well so fingers crossed ;)

Then I plan on booking my first track day at Kevil Airfield in either June or July. Then funds depending, I will also try and get a RS evening slot at Bedford in July (I think).

The summer will bring some nice tidying up to this car and I am now going for a more OEM look :)

Also either JMS remap or an RS tuner.

Oh and I'm soooo tempted to get a yozza stealth system :evil:

Last edited:

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172

Let me know when you do Keevil i'll book it as well :cool:

Megane 225 F1

Ok buddy :)

Got R1XPH coming as well hopefully in his e36 (I think) 318.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172

Cool I have a mate with an Alfa 33 sprint car that would come for sure as well!

P.s can I have your drivers side foglight?

Megane 225 F1

Got the wheels back yesterday. Fantastic job! Really pleased with them. Managed to get them on this morning. Only a quick phone photo as I have too much uni work to do to clean it and take proper pics. Will be doing that next weekend :)

222327_10150600349410104_510710103_18500424_91466_n.jpg

228233_10150600349310104_510710103_18500423_8200941_n.jpg

Trying to get hold of some standard bullets :)

Megane 225 F1

Cheers buddy.

Just bought some silver badge so they will be going on next week.

172 Cup

Ahh the OZ's in silver look great mate best colour for them imo, makes it look much fresher! i like it alot :cool: