ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 or 182? Help me decide.

O4 Dynamique
As the title says, would like some help deciding on what to go for 172 or 182?

What are the main advantages/disadvantages etc..

Car will be used primarily for work/social etc...

Cheers in advanced.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Having owned both, get a 172 in flame red or monaco blue. Ideally a late on with cruise.

Rusty Cup
for me there wasnt really much choice between the two, the right car came along and i bought it. Budget will more than likely be the deciding factor.

330i. E30 Touring.
As your budget's not high enough for a Trophy, I'd get a mint PH1 172 and pocket the change..

3.5k on a 172 cup, spend abit on mods: suspension, seats, brakes etc and keep the change.
You could buy a 182 but it would take up most, if not all of your budget.

Fabia vrs tdi
My 182 cup packs in rb is up for £4k on 74k full mot but no tax ( fsh ) decat - ktec supersports exhaust - k&n induction kit, been said in spotted section a lot it sounds great.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Phase 2's and 182's are ultimatley the same (bar the Cup and Trophy)

All the 1*2's equipped with the F4R 2.0l unit are the same pace regardless what some heros on here will have you believe.

They are all the same running costs day to day although the Trophy at some point in its life will require damper refurb at some point (roughly) within the first 65k

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
IMO my 172 drove better than my 182, seamed to "flow" better.

Iceberg 172
I'd get a minty mint ph2 172, stick some coilies on it, you have a choice of wheels or leave them STD, splitter, mild engine work ie remap exhaust etc and enjoy.

I've got this dilemma too. I've got 4-4.5k in my hand to spend.

What ideally I want is a ph2 monaco blue as the colour is sex wee. Although ph2 172s are the slowest of the bunch.

Lets make it clear though, I can live with not having the fastest car around as my R6 is my toy if I want to go stupidly fast.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Graham buy a Phase 1, £2,500 would secure you a cracker.

The Throttle cable (oposed to the Phase 2's/182's Fly-by) is considerably noticeable, they are a hoot to drive, raw, good fun cars.

Ill definatley be getting another :)

Lol call me Luke.

I like that black one for sale at the moment, with the black wheels. Hmm, I just hate the interior! I dont need a raw car my bikes raw! lol.

White clique
i had a 172 and 182 and much of a muchness, probs would veer towards a 182 purely on looks and being newer, too many tatty 172s about but still some good 182s owned by family / granny / church types.