ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 on 182 ecu

Sunflower PH1
Has anyone any experience of running a 172 on a 182 ecu etc,i've recently finished a 172 cup conversion and i'm having what i think is fuelling issues and the car appears to be running short of fuel once first started and after a few minuits the ecu seems to alter things and it then runs fine after that,ive checked and double checked everything else and found nothing wrong so i'm now thinking ecu,i see no reason why it wouldnt be fine but just dont know,thanks

172 cup
as far as i kno the 182 ecu isnt any different to the 172 ones apart from the software may be different id take it to someone local to you who can do mapping and get them to have a look at the program or it could be down to the throttle positioning sensor or something silly

Matty

Sunflower PH1
Yeh both 02 sensors are connected up fine as i've double checked them,i've also replaced the throttle body and fuel pump to no avail,it seems that it doesn't prime the fuel pump when first switched on but always on the second attempt and every time after that,although i think thats normal ?,there is good pressure at the fuel rail etc and although the ecu light did come on on one occasion its never normally on when running good or bad

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
the pump should prime on every key start

is the relay ok? (small black one at the bottom of the board in the engine bay)

Sunflower PH1
so the pump shold prime on the first key turn ?,well it never dose but always after that,last week i primed the pump by switching the key on and off 4 or 5 times before each start and it did seem ok on those occasions right enough,i have looked at the relay before and it seemed fine but i will check properly again,i wonder if the pinouts on the 182 ecu dont line up with the 172 cup engine loom or something ?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
when i say on the first key turn, i mean to ignition 2

I thought you ment to turn it to two then it wont prime so you click back and then to two again and it primes lol

my bad

Sunflower PH1
yeh the pmps behind the driver,no i've never tried the temp sensor as yet,could that cause those symptoms mate,ben i know what yo mean and yes i mean when turning the ignition on to stage two to bring the pmp on,it never brings it on first time but always dose after that no matter how many times you switch it on and off