ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Megane Coupe Conversion

Fiesta ST-3
So i went to see Craig at AP-D today as i needed to quiery some items on the bill, and see how the car was getting on.

Hes still having issues with the Rev counter and coolant temp guage. Somthing to do with it being a closed system. So i may have to run seperate guages in the worst case possible. Also more bad news lol the crank seal has gone and has leaked engine oil onto the clutch. So i need a new clutch. No big deal as i will have this done at the pre mot back home.

But heres a picture of the bay
smile.gif

IMG_0481.jpg

And some videos of the bay and exhaust.

Please excuse the squeeling of the belt. Its brand new, hardly been run and has oil and moisture on. Please also excuse the tattiness of my rear spat.

Ps i tried to embed them but failed misserably

http://s654.photobucket.com/albums/uu269/Coupe172/Car vid/?action=view&current=MVI_0482.flv

http://s654.photobucket.com/albums/uu269/Coupe172/Car vid/?action=view&current=MVI_0483.flv

Renault Scenic 182
Im confused Scotty, why not complete this megane and instead sell out and buy a clio cup?

i Love my ph1 but my 182 engine'd Scenic is my baby :S

wayne

Fiesta ST-3
It was a bottomless pit mate. After getting the car running there was another fault that made it keep cutting out. I was unsure if it was electrical or the an ecu fault. So I decided to cut my losses and invest in an actual Clio.

Megane 1.6 8v Ph1
Hi gents (and ladies),

I followed this project on CoupeClub as it was happening, and would like to get in touch with Scotty to pick his brain about doing a similar swap using a 172 engine and a Ph1 Megane Coupe (that I've had since 2008 but am now considering letting it retire and spend some time on it as a project). If any of you still keep in touch with him I'd appreciate it if you could give me an email address or something so I could get a hold of him, seeing as his last activity on here was late last year according to his profile.

Cheers in advance,

Adam