ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup suspension

clio 182
Hello, i bought some used 172 cup shocks a few months ago as a upgrade for my 172 track car but when i gave them to the mechanic to fit in he said the fronts were no good, he said when pushed in they would not uncompress by themselves so i then returned them back to the seller.

Now i come across some more cup shocks an i messaged the guy to make sure i dont have the same problem again, he said the front ones he has dont uncompress either but he said thats how they are designed to be an even if you get brand new ones they wont uncompress either, how true is this?

Thanks

monaco 172
I fitted some cup shocks the other day and they actually did the opposite. The shaft would go back in by itself.

The rears however are pressurised and will want to extend everytime you push them in

clio 182
If remember correctly the fronts are pressurised only when you push them down but then they take ages to extend back out, yours the same?