ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup suspension VS Koni?

I am having Koni for a long time. Want to change the shocks. I am using Eibach Pro spring.

Since we dun have 172 Cup in my country. Would love to see people's comment on the Cup shocks. My questions:

- Are they different with the standard 172 one?
- Both by KYB, Japan?
- Anyone tried both Koni and standard 172 Cup shocks?

I think Koni is stiffer but I want a bit more comfort as road in my country are mostly bad.

THANKS!

'02 Ph2 172
If I'm not mistaken, the original 172 (not the Cup) dampers are harder than the yellow Konis, making me believe that the Cup dampers are even harder.

The Cup dampers have different bolt spacing to the standard 172 dampers so they will not fit a non-Cup variant 172.

The Cup dampers have different bolt spacing to the standard 172 dampers so they will not fit a non-Cup variant 172.

Wrong. You are mistaking it for the 182 where the cup variants are different than a normal 182.

172 and 172 Cups have the same bolt spacing.

If I'm not mistaken, the original 172 (not the Cup) dampers are harder than the yellow Konis, making me believe that the Cup dampers are even harder.

You're mistaken :rasp: lol.

The Konis are definitely firmer than the 172/172Cup dampers. Even on the softest setting the Konis give a firmer ride than the standard dampers.

'02 Ph2 172
You're mistaken :rasp: lol.

The Konis are definitely firmer than the 172/172Cup dampers. Even on the softest setting the Konis give a firmer ride than the standard dampers.
Well, that might be the case, but if I remember some tests done by some Clio owners here in Sweden correctly they actually aren't.

The original dampers are actually rather hard. And remember that harder dampers does not (always) equal a firmer/harsher ride, actually it can be quite the opposite.

260% JCW
Perfromance French car had an article about there Clio 172 Cup, they prefered the Konis to the standard stuff.

I am using Koni now. Therefore, if I want comfort + good cornering :p Should I keep using Koni or 172 Cup one?

How long does shocks can last in normal driving?