ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Stage Rally Car

markmcgivern

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Fitted the new clutch this morning and there is much happiness! !
Can't wait to get it mapped and finish wiring the epas and have a proper blast in it.
Top work! Couldn't of been a pleasant job. Curious, did you reset the cable ratchet? I've just done a clutch on myn and my bite is right at the top

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

markmcgivern

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Good to know I'm not on my own, very impressed with your work on my box! I've read how to reset it do will give that a try

markmcgivern

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Indeed it was! I can really tell the difference, currently driving it short journeys just for fun with no pas! I searched on here clutch cable and found enough info.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
I did the reset thing that I read on here the other day with the old clutch. Just stuck the cable back on and tried it with the new clutch and it's good. Pedal slightly higher than brake pedal as all clios and bite feels good. No slipping now, that's the main thing.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
I put a cable tie on the cable so it couldn't move when I took me engine out.

Refitted with new clutch cut the tie and my pedal is all good

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Another delay with working on the clio as I've had a whoops in work.
Slipped with a Stanley knife across 3 fingers.
20160517_113403.jpg

Slight blood pic is at the bottom.
This was when I was in hospital and had just opened up my hand after a 2 hour wait so the one finger hadn't opened up again, but it soon did when the doctor was prodding about. Blood was pissing out then. They had to tie rubber gloves round my fingers to stop the blood enough to clean and dry them to get the strips on.
Luckily there shouldn't be any long term damage.

20160517_110231.jpg

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
I was stuck in work all weekend so havnt touched it but I have collected 6 michelin tarmac tyres, entered a rally at Weeton on June 12th, and it's going to be mapped on Thursday.
As I'm so busy with work and having to go to Spain to do an install, I am taking the week off work before the rally to get it finished.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Trying to link YouTube video buts it's being stupid

Last edited:

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Engine spec
Ph1 F4R 730 engine on 91k miles. Cambelt, dephaser and water pump were changed on 87k along with fitment of the following at the same time:-

Ported and polished head by AL Developments, new stem seals and guide tolerances checked.
Supertech inlet and exhaust valves fitted by AL Developments
Piper BP270 cams fitted complete with shims
ARP conrod bolts
NGK Plugs
Magnecor leads
All new top and bottom end genuine Renault gaskets
Ph1 inlets, ported and matched
Adaptor plate and ph2 throttle body fitted
Standard airbox with K&N panel filter
182 manifold
Sports cat
Ktec supersport stealth exhaust

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Well I finally got some more work done on it today. Due to working in Spain and then going straight to a weekend away with the family I havnt touched it since I had it mapped.
The rally is on Sunday and I've still got quite a list to get through to get it finished but I am off work this week to get it done.
I had hoped to weld the seat rails in at work when I popped there today but they were being awkward so I just modified the Sump guard and went to tweeks for the last few bits and pieces.
I collected to 1" box section to use for my seat rails and some more bolts etc to fit them.
The Intercom is now fitted and just need to live wiring up to the new fuse block I am waiting for. I also dropped the nut from the case so it's just taped on for now. The upper cage padding is on too.
20160607_210842.jpg
20160607_210849.jpg

The new odyssey battery is now mounted on the back of the codrivers carbon footrest ready to be connected, and the footrest is now bolted in position.
20160607_210504.jpg
20160607_210531.jpg

I have also started to tidy the rear loom up up cable tie clips so that's a lot neater.
20160607_215126.jpg
20160607_215135.jpg

I shall be carrying on tomorrow, hopefully sorting the new battery cables, autolec cutoff and finishing wiring the epas and anything else I can do.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Well it was certainly hot out there today. I've had the gazebo up which gives a bit of shade but not everywhere.
More jobs ticked off the list.
Took the road tyres off my wheels and fitted 4 of the part worn michelin slicks I've bought.
Fitted front and rear Mudflaps (msa rules)
Raised front ride height, although it will still need a bit more tweeking but certainly felt better on a quick run up the road.
Swopped the front pads back to the ds3000 I had just to compare as I think the yellowstuff are cooked.
Cleaned, deglazed and bled the rear brakes.
Fitted rear stud conversion.
Fitted spare wheel strap
20160608_211138.jpg

Carbon drivers foot plate (had to cut it to clear cage base plate)
20160608_211153.jpg

The big battery is now removed and under bonnet cables are now joined in a 2 way busbar.
20160608_215952.jpg
20160608_211212.jpg

Cable runs into car to autolec cutoff and then to the odyssey battery which I have also made and fitted a new earth strap to.
20160608_220050.jpg

I havnt made the blanking plate for the autolec yet so it's temporarily sticking out the dash. I still need to wire the ignition live through the cutoff relay too.
20160608_220755.jpg

More progress tomorrow. I need to finish wiring up the epas (hopefully my 60a fuse and holder arrives) and get to my mates garage to weld in the seat rails so I can finally fit my new seats and harnesses.
Finally, one new addition arrived today that helps is my new low entry jack. Save's me a lot of messing about.
20160608_211228.jpg

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Busy day but not as much progress as I would have liked.
Epas is now wired and working, as is the autolec cutoff (kills ignition correctly), although I need to make a plate for the radio gap to secure it.
Trailered the car to mates workshop, took basic seat out and started the measuring and marking out.
The passenger rails are now in and I'm halfway through the drivers side.
I have also welded in the nuts that secure the plumbed in extinguisher.
20160609_172520.jpg

only the one pic as there's not much else to see.
back there at 8.30am

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Forgot to mention, it's booked to be msa logbooked on Saturday afternoon so it has to be completed by then, but then it will be ready on the trailer to go on sunday morning.

markmcgivern

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Like to come and have a nose once she's had her maiden voyage on Sunday and dribble all over her!

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Yeah no problem, you know where I am. It's not perfect by any means, but I'm pretty happy with it

markmcgivern

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I'm sure like most people you will always find something to do on it to make it better, come a long way in a short space of time

172 Rally Car
looking good paul! Nice to see some familiar bits!

impressive figures on the engine side, the 206 only made 170bhp after mapping on the same rollers! and that's on jenveys!

Should be a good scrap at the weekend!