ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Sluggish on start up. Any Ideas?

RenaultSport Cup 172
Can anyone help my 03 plate Cup is a bit sluggish on start up for mile or so then is fine. Put your foot down and theres a dead spot until all the power comes in at once. Any one got any ideas or suggestions?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
.Griff. said:
Engine runs lean at start up for a few minutes to help with emissions.

fcuk the planet i say, we'll be long gone before it explodes/disintergrates :rasp:

bloody tree huggers and their emmision regs lol :rolleyes:

RenaultSport Cup 172
Had it for 10 months or so now and only just started to happen it also seems to miss fire and then warms up.

Bye Bye 182....
by any chance do you use normal unleaded? as when I use normal mine runs lumpy. The super makes mine run much better.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Optimax only for mine and it still runs crap for a few mins. Part of the car really.

RenaultSport clio 172 Cup
My 172 cup runs like a dog at idle all the time but still has all the power through the rev range. Changed plugs, put in Magnecor 8.5mm Leads changed Lambda sensor and still missfires on idle even when hot. Just gotta live with it really.lol

RenaultSport clio 172 Cup
I have just purchased a ecu flasher and software to remap my clio and diagnostic software so will let you all know if this helps mine out.

mine is exactly the same sometimes it does not do it some time it does would it help not to set of straight away and let the car run on idle for a couple of mins? cheers

WEmerson said:
Can anyone help my 03 plate Cup is a bit sluggish on start up for mile or so then is fine. Put your foot down and theres a dead spot until all the power comes in at once. Any one got any ideas or suggestions?

Cold Engine perhaps???

Clio 172
Mine is the opposite, it feels twitchy and eager to accelerate until it warms up. Thought it could a rich mixture on start up combined colder air

Phase 2 172, Megane 2,
ECU limits power for first 2 mins to save the cat it also limits rpm until a certain oil temp has been acheived best to always let it warm up before givin it some anyway.

R35 GTR
bri_172 said:
ECU limits power for first 2 mins to save the cat it also limits rpm until a certain oil temp has been acheived best to always let it warm up before givin it some anyway.
2 minutes? New one to me.

bri_172 said:

If this was true then it would alwys happen. It's random on my car and doesnt even seem related to outside temperature. It does limit the RPM to 6750 though based on temperature (oil I think)