ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup shocks

172 cup
Can anyone point me in the right direction for some new 172 cup shocks?
I'm looking to replace all four as they've had their day especially the rears anyone know of the cheapest place to buy all four new?
Thanks

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
Renault Wolverhampton in the traders section should be the easiest.
I cant help but imagine that a set of Eibach or similar spring will be much cheaper, around half price probably.

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
Comprehension fail on my behalf. I thought you were on about springs not shocks.
Still Renault Wolverhampton are the best bet. I think they are around £50 a corner.

172 cup
Ok I'll give them a ring thanks
I priced a complete set of front and backs for just shy of £170 wasn't sure if I could do better than that really.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
If I remember rightly, I think Adam was doing them at 33 quid each.

Hopefully they're still offering similar prices at Renault Wolverhampton

172 cup
Well when I was having a search on here for the answer I saw a few threads come up with that sort of pricing but they were posts from like 2010-2011, so I'll bet they've gone up since then [emoji19]

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Well when I was having a search on here for the answer I saw a few threads come up with that sort of pricing but they were posts from like 2010-2011, so I'll bet they've gone up since then [emoji19]
I'm sure I've seen it in the passed couple of months mate, but yeah give them a ring and mention this forum.

Don't hold me to the £33 lol

Clio 182 trophy
Ive just ordered my 182 cup shocks yesterday 160 for all 4 including delivery, just need to find some springs for them now

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Springs are around a hundred quid a corner so Eibachs softer set are the only affordable option for near standard. unless you get lucky and find a secondhand set.
Make sure they have the paint marks on if used. Yellow and white I think. Mine had an aftermarket 172 spring on!