ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup reduced rpm/ABS light

172 Cup
I have a 172 cup which has an intermitent fault where our revs are limited to around 6200-6500 and the ABS & Service lights come on. I have fitted a new stat and water sensor and of course being a Cup it doesnt have ABS. We have tried all the connections but it just comes and goes.

Any ideas ?

Clio 172 Cup
Are you trying to drive it from cold, they do have a reduced limiter until the engines nice and hot. Around 10 minutes of nice driving.
The service light comes up for other faults, are you sure it's an ABS light or could it be airbag. What is the symbol for the light glowing?

E46 M3
I've had an early limiter issue that turned out to be an ecu earth coming loose then coming off completely stopping the car.

172 Cup
Thanks guys, it has the original ECU and instrument panel. It had an RS tuner remap 4 years ago and was fine until the beginning if this season. The problem started with lower rpm limit and less power on the dyno. The ABS light issue has only just started in the last couple of months. It does clear on its own and rpm is back up and power ok. But I know it will happen again at the next race. I will check the ECU earth. Cheers