ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup fast road / Track

182, 205gti mk2 golf
Hi there...Iv just bought a 172 cup......Its my daily driver but im going to use it for track days ...Its currently on Apex springs which are S*** Im going to order some ebatch ones as they have always been good when ever iv had them before.....Anyone got any recomendations?

Iv been told as well that a rear anti roll bar makes a big difference? It would make sense to me as the car does tend to understear....

Any advice will be a big help :D

Whiteline rear ARB is a brilliant mod - makes the car handle a lot more like your 205 gti or a 106 gti. Bit of lift off oversteer - lively back end.
Reduces understeer a lot too

Eibach sportlines are a good set of springs and used by a lot of people. I took my cup round the 'ring with just a set of sportlines on - it was brilliant :D

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Eibachs are so popular on here that they seem to be bought by CS members before they've even grown pubes! I had apex on my ph1s and eibachs on my cup and the eibachs are a million times better. just ordered new cup shocks aswell to compliment them. next month's purchase is a whiteline ARB fo' sho'! Probs the most raved about mod on here.

182, 205gti mk2 golf
Both are on and have made loads of difference!!! much more corner speed and the back is alot looser.....Iv messed around with the tyre pressures abit to which made a big difference too.....27 fronts and 55 rear...which sounds alot...but it helps with the same effect of an arb as it breaks the grip at the rear...anyone elts tryed this? It still suffers from a small amount of understear on turn in....Anyone tryed camber shims? Seems to me like they would help as it would give the car a little more jack in effect. But over all Im dead chuffed with the difference.

Iv get alot of stuff through deamon tweeks but even so i was supprised how cheap they were....£137 + VAT for the springs and £135 for the whiteline ARB

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
£135?? New??!!? Send me the link you beaut!!!! Nice one mate, another thumbs up for the whiteline.

182, 205gti mk2 golf
I got it over the phone...I use the same guy at deamon tweeks every time and he sorts me out with some very good deals! £135 + VAT odviously...well worth the money tho...takes alot of the understear out of the car!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Getting new shocks up front on mine tomorrow and had new ones last week on the rear. hopefully will remove a bit of understeer for now til after my exams and its whiteline time. when i got this cup it just didnt feel as good on corners as my 2 ph1s