ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Chugging

clio 172
HI

Ive recently brought a 172 and it dosen't seem to be running smooth like i imagined it would do, the car feels like its chugging when stationary, and the exhaust is making a spluttering noise. Any ideas ?

Cheers chris

421 Cammed 172
It sounds the same as what mines doing.

Ive guessed at mine as a blowing exhaust so soon i'll be taking the exhaust off and rebuilding it with new gaskets and a decat.

It probably won't help the chugging, i just wanna drop the decat in there - LOL

Evo 6, E92 320d
Both mine and my mates splutter on idle, although switching to tesco 99 have smoothed out my idle a fair bit, before the needle would move, now it sits stationary.

ClioSport 172 Cup
Yeh they are lumpy and chuggy driving slow because of the cam profile. The F4R engine demand revs, they really don`t pick up until about 4k! I can`t get Tesco 99 around here, best we have is Shell V Power which is supposed to be 99.

172 cup
its just a renault thing mine does it too nowt to worry about they are just lumpy on these vvt cams on idle when you get a remap that smooths it out alot and if you run v poer or bp ultimate they do run alot smoother too

Matty

Monaco 172
mines the same, needle doesnt move tho, that would annoy es, but when sittin it moves the whole car... feels nice tbh :eek:

421 Cammed 172
Mines blowing at the centre section. Had a look at it on wednesday.

Guess it's going to have to be replaced with a 2.5 inch downpipe back decat system then!

Gutted ;):rasp:

Clio 182FF
I drove 5 different 172/182 when buying my final choice and they all did the same thing. Having said this the Trophy I drove was the worst, really felt like it had a hard life thus far!

Dodgy one
Mines chugging its tits off recently, I think it sounds mint when you can hear the milltek burbling, It needs a good run though and some decent fuel through it.

Short journeys 95 & 97 ron fuel FTL