ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 Rear Discs and Bearings from CRN products

megane 225
Hey guys,
Didnt want to do this but just wanted to post a warning basically.
A few months back my rear discs and bearings went, so I ordered a set from CRN products.
Arrived promptly and were nice looking (cross grooved) with bearings pressed
A friend of mine who is a renaultsport mechanic (for renaultsport race team) fitted them as per dialgoysis
Had an MOT about 4 months later and failed on BOTH rear wheel bearings, the rear wheels were swaying an AWFUL LOT.
So took the wheels off and went to remove the rear disc assembly with bearing and the bearing had split in half (have picture) the inside of the bearing was still on the rear stub axle, whereas the rest was on the inside of the disc. the rear of the bearing had COMPLETLY come away from the rest, the circlip had completly disappeared. Thought we would check the other side, EXACTLY the same.
Both mechanics (renaultsport and another who works for an F1 development team and previously toyota) both agreed the bearings were faulty and could of resulted in the rear wheels falling off.
My car was off the road for 2 days while I got renault to get genuine bearings and discs.
I emailed CRN explaining the situation and got one reply asking for me to call them, I rang and they said they would call me back. Didnt hear anything. Meanwhile I had to get my car re-mot'd (and it passed with the new bearings/discs on) I have since emailed CRN about 6 or 7 times, each time with pictures of the faulty bearings. Heard nothing back, asked for thier customer service to get back to me and nothing.

I do not want fellow clio owners to have the same experience as me, as personally I think this is appaling.

Track 172cup
i ordered a set of discs and pads all round for my leon a few weeks ago from CRN and even though they sent out the wrong patterned discs at first they sorted it out and even went out of their way to help me

i have to say they do seem to have a couple of muppets working for them but if you get hold of them speak to a guy called Ollie, he's one of the main guys there and i found him to be the most useful guy there and the one that got things moving

can't comment on the bearings that come with the discs as it's a different setup on the leon but their discs are decent and i know a few people who have used them before and are more than happy

megane 225
yeh ive been told to speak to ollie, all of my emails have been marked for his attention. The one time they emailed they asked me to speak to him. I called and he wasnt available, never seems to be when I call to be honest.
I REALLY didnt want to post this, but I have had ONE response in over 7 weeks now, i still have the discs and bearings they provided, am looking into some sort of action as even the MOT guy commented on how bad the bearings were

Track 172cup
well keep at them and try and get hold of Ollie, like a lot of companies these days it's always better to phone so just keep trying even if it is frustrating mate, i'm sure Ollie will sort you out when you get hold of him

330i. E30 Touring.
It's bad, but had you searched/asked on here, you would have probably would have been told Renault's the best place to get them!

megane 225
yeh, ive always purchased genuine renault ones previously but thought i would give them a try.
Iv gotten a bit tired trying to contact them, ive kept phone call logs and emails ive sent to them, i beleive ive given them enough time to reply.
I do agree its bad, even sad its resorted to me posting on here :(

Golf GTD Mk7
It's bad, but had you searched/asked on here, you would have probably would have been told Renault's the best place to get them!

Got mine from Ktec. never had any issues what so ever and cheaper than the renault ones by a mile. or they used to be anyway.

ph1-172
i had a set of disks from crn, the bearings failed mot about 6 months after they went on, i spoke to them through ebay messages first then via email. they were really helpful and sent out replacement discs and bearings free of charge within 2 days. only prob was they sent 2 with the grooves going same way. i spoke to ollie he seemed tidy enough.

they've been on the car since december now and still feel nice and tight.