ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

17 year old, clio insurance

EK4, 632 on black, Mk2Ph3
yea of course, im like 2nd driver. except that im the 4th driver of the 4 ppl if that makes any difference at all :p

Polo Bluemotion
ive had this problem too. i tried insuring my car on my grandads insurance, with him as main driver, +me as a named. They told him its illegal,+fraud to do that, if he didnt own the car.........

thats just my experience

EK4, 632 on black, Mk2Ph3
its NOT totally mine yet! i use it like 30% but its rising! but by the time it becomes mine, ill be on my own policy despite the price!

330Ci M Sport
i paid £800 fully comp at 18 with tesco
youll fond sometimes fuilly comp is cheaper than third party

that'll be much cheaper as you're female, always was the case when i was 17. About £2200 FC for me at 17, but tints knocked the price up by about 200 squid for me, Stick a female on the policy, everyone says an older female, but having my 19y/o missus on the policy (im 19 too) brings it down £250 with Norwich Union for me, and they've also always been the cheapest at my age.

Clio on SL 2118s
got insurance now fro my 1.2 '02 clio. birthday is on monday, went with quinn at £1017 tpft, which is pretty good for a 17 year old.

thanks for the help

'02 1.4 16v Auto
I have a 2002 Clio 1.4 Privelige. I bought it in June and Quinn quoted me £1800 as a learner. I then passed and they wanted another £650 so I promptly told them to Foxtrot Oscar. I then called NUD on a Rapid Bonus Quote for £1150. Policy is in my name, Dad is Main Driver, Mum is a named driver - I was ensured that this was absolutely fine. I'm in process of doing my pass plus which from what I've read here and on other pages will benefit me highly :D

Bottom Line - Get as many quotes as you can and take your time to decide :)

ST
Tankface..

What you're doing is against the law btw..

The bottom line is if you smash that car they wont pay out.

'02 1.4 16v Auto
Tankface..

What you're doing is against the law btw..

The bottom line is if you smash that car they wont pay out.

I had a feeling it was - Yet we explained that it was my Car but the guy insisted it would be OK with my Dad as the Main driver. In effect, is it not also NUD that are breaking the law by selling me a service that is illegal? I'm not saying that I'm not breaking the law, just suggesting that NUD are also breaking the law by knowing that they are selling policies to people in a similar shape to the one that they sold me.

R.I.P 182
Try elephant, they were cheapest for me and when i passed at 18 i had a 1.6ltr Zetec S and it was only 1000. :)

alien green rs133
the cheapest quote i could get and i spent a week hunting on a 1.2 clio was 1700 quid WTF!!!! and i live in the middle of nowhere!!! so instead i am insured through work fully comp 200 hehehe