ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

17 year old, clio insurance

Clio on SL 2118s
can anyone give me an insight in how much id expect to pay for insurance, either 3rd party or tpft, on a 1.4 or 1.2 clio mk2 ph2?

anyone who has had quotes can you let me know how much and who with please?

bear in mind im only 17 and it will be on a provisional.

thanks
Sam

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i paid £800 fully comp at 18 with tesco
youll fond sometimes fuilly comp is cheaper than third party

www.renparts.co.uk
go and do some quotes, saying you have a full license and you have just passed. not sure if its wise to go 3rd party though, especially when you first pass, can you afford to lose that amount of money if you have an accident?

Clio on SL 2118s
i paid £800 fully comp at 18 with tesco
youll fond sometimes fuilly comp is cheaper than third party

!! £800 !! fully comp, id be well happy with that, suppose it reduces when youve been driving for a year though. i was expecting about £1200 for 3rd party.

my cousin paid £1300 for a 1.25 zetec mk 5 fiesta 3rd party!!

ill investigate thanks

is that a 1.2 or 1.4 btw?

Clio on SL 2118s
go and do some quotes, saying you have a full license and you have just passed. not sure if its wise to go 3rd party though, especially when you first pass, can you afford to lose that amount of money if you have an accident?

i know its just im thinking its the only type i can afford. it might be worth shelling out that extra cash to get fully comp, just thought it would be about £2000.

RB 200 Cup!
also if youve just passed get PassPlu done - i ended up with a 00 quid redcution on my first premium with NU Direct

www.renparts.co.uk

i know its just im thinking its the only type i can afford. it might be worth shelling out that extra cash to get fully comp, just thought it would be about £2000.

if thats all you can afford i would buy a cheaper car and go for the fully comp, sounds like if you crash a mk2 ph2 you will be stuck.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
£330 on a 2 year old corsa 1.2SXI when i was 18 ;)
Like i said parents insurance FTW.

£1300 on a 1.6 Clio at 18 with PassPlus and a claim ;)

CIS FTW! They give you 1ncb for pass plus!

EDIT: Insurance is cheaper on your provisional then it is if you have just passed ;)

It can be alot cheaper if you get insured in the car before you pass your test..well with Quinn in anycase...as they dont change the price when you do pass.

Clio Mk2 1.2 Dynamique
It can be alot cheaper if you get insured in the car before you pass your test..well with Quinn in anycase...as they dont change the price when you do pass.

Strange, Quinn charged a further £500+ on passing the test?

Strange, Quinn charged a further £500+ on passing the test?

Cant be 100% positive but thats what happened with my 17 year old nephew.
Its an Irish company I think...sure its Quinn..but could be wrong.

two insurance policies cannot be compared unless all the variables are the same. In other words 99.9% of posts in this thread, including my previous one are absolutely useless.

two insurance policies cannot be compared unless all the variables are the same. In other words 99.9% of posts in this thread, including my previous one are absolutely useless.

<----Knowsit TBH you'd be better off going on confused.com or whatever and getting a load of proper quotes which are relevent to your circumstances (where you live etc) rather than asking what other people pay (as said above).

Clio on SL 2118s

<----Knowsit TBH you'd be better off going on confused.com or whatever and getting a load of proper quotes which are relevent to your circumstances (where you live etc) rather than asking what other people pay (as said above).

yeah thats right, thanks a lot for all of your feedback. I have been on go compare and fully comp on a 1.4 clio was about £1600, and tpft was about £1200. or if i went for a 1.2 it was about £1400 and £1000/£1100

not sure whether the extra £200 is worth it for 0.2 extra engine wise?

Only you can make that decision, you have to drive both. Try Bell.co.uk and Virgin. I think you will get those quotes down a bit!

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
i'm looking for insureace at this minute lol, so far bell have been cheaped withthe flexibell, for me with 2 years experince on a mk2 ph3 witha claiman 1years NCB was £625, but bell has options but with all the options legal cover( a must BTW- well worthe the extra £20- unless you are or know a laywer) personal injury, windscreen cover ( essential or you could have a £500 hol ein your pocket if a laoory launches a brick at you- on this policy its £12 extra) anbest of all 3rd party cover for other cars for £36!

one bit of advise whatch the excesses at your age, generally there is a compulsary excess imposed and usually its an additonal £250 for 17-21 and £150 for 21-25.
i got stung on my old car, thought i only had a £220 exces sbut there was this hidden compulsary one ant it was a total £470, some places like tesco have a mandatory of £400 for 17-21- and 250 for 21-25 ( and those over 25 with less than 2 years experience)
once ive got all the quotes off the web then i'm going to call round them all and see who can beat that quote. also pass pluss is lik a £120-£150 course of 6 lessons including driving at night, driving in the rain, on the morotr way and other crap, it does not have a test but you get a nice certificate, by bros experience gave him it after only 2 extra lessons because he had already doenmost of the course during his lessons. and you can only do it within the first year of driving iirc. Most places dont take this into account on line so if you have one you need to ring round but with NU they quoted my bro online £2400 on a 1.2 dynamique, then the next day when he called them brough it down to £1400, because they took that into concideration ( he was 18 with 3 months experience), as said its equivalent to 1 years NCB.

Megane
I have just become 18, passed @ 17, been on the road 6 months,

@ 17 i paid 1700 fully comp on a mk2 ph2 1.4 standard group 5 with mu pass plus
without pass plus it would have been 2300 that was july 07

but i am driving a privilege 5 door which is higher group due to cd,sunroof, alloys

i always get really good quotes with tescos. and i dont think confused searches them so worth a go.:)

edit: also try adding a parent as a named drived on your policy as this always seems to get me a few extra quid off!

Titanium 182 & 306 Diesel
I got £700 knocked of my insurance when I done pass plus at 17 - that was norwich union..

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
yep add the parents (both mum and dad), on tesct they put he policy up but in bell they brought by quote down over £200!! now i'm only £520!! result, cheapest anywhere else woud do was £700 and that was admiral who bell are part of ironically, but they refuse to price match so looks like i'll be bell.
the 1.4 is about £200 more to insure than a 1.2, the privalege it he most expensive trim to insure, ( they were stupidly expensive to buy when you doen get much more than you do ina dynamique) the a billabong is about £75 more than a dynamique ona first policy for some reason. check the insurers if you get a dynamique i had an argument with 3 pwople at norwich union who refused to admit my care was a dynam not a billa.
also get a thacham approved wheel lock, even though your car has an immobiliser, it takes it down summore.

PH2 172
My missus has a 1.2 clio and when she was 17 she paid £700-£800 fully comp on her own thats wid her mum on it aswell.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
girls are usually half what guys are for insurance, my bros gf insured a 1.4 polo, doing 10k a year, just after passing for £650, with 0 ncb and 0 driving experience. i thought i was getting abargin quoted only 300 odd quid then noticed it has me down as Ms.. doh.

I used to add older family members for the last 2 years to bring mine down, unfortunately I am now the only one with clean history so they put it up lol! I will be adding the missus once she has had a few lessons.

EK4, 632 on black, Mk2Ph3
im 17 and i pay less than £300 for fully comp - Norwich union.
4 members on a 1.4 16v clio, 04 reg - £8XX.XX.