ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v experience so far

Zafira and GSXR

My wife bought a Clio 16v the other week and during the week me and my mate have been getting it upto standard.

it is a 1993 (L reg) with 88,000 in Blue which we paid £2550 and it came with Prima Racing wheels (Williams ones), uprated discs / pad, lowered at the front (looks like 35mm) and a nice little boot install.

Any how on the way back we pushed it for a bit to see what it goes like and it struggled to get past 130mph with lowish oil pressure.

We get the car back a start ripping it apart full service etc etc.

We have fitted:-

Magnex with Decat
K&N (for sound)
Leads
Spark plugs
Dizzy cap and arm
Sump gasket
Fuel filter
took off alloy pedals (not safe with wet feet lol)
Sump plug washer
oil and filter (Elf 40W10)
Rear wiper blade
New CV boot cover (drivers side)
4 x new Prima Racing centre caps

It sounds so much nicer now and alot healthier.

BUT the problems we found was there was no sump gasket, a small line of sealer, the head was only hand tight done up, CV gaiter was held on with electrical tie, throttle cable was all slack.

Thank god she didnt start diving it straight away with the above problems, but on the up side we fixed it up so now it is just a case of plastering the polish on and then racing it about :D

[Edited by NeilPUG on 13 May 2004 at 3:22pm]

[Edited by NeilPUG on 13 May 2004 at 3:23pm]

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

These cars need a bit of TLC, now its ship shape you can go for drive see how it handles.:)

Zafira and GSXR

Made me laugh because the last owner kept saying how much he looked after it LOL.

Maybe the owner before him haha

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Seems theres a lot of 16v/Williams that are mint until you look a bit closer.......

Quote: Originally posted by MartinS on 13 May 2004

Seems theres a lot of 16v/Williams that are mint until you look a bit closer.......
Yea. Very much so.

Thats why I took Mat with me to look at the 16vs/Williams I wanted to see.. then you got someone who knows what to look for.. heh.

Zafira and GSXR

My mate has owned a 16ver before, he rebult the engine him self and moved the rev limiter upto 8000rpm which he used all the time lol.

It could nearly do 50mph in first, he sold it not long after and bought a 172, I wonder if his old 16v is still running.

Any how he nows his stuff and we knew what needed doing, plus it was a good way to knock down the price to start with :D.

The only other thing that bugs me is it has a couple of door dinks and and football etc mark on the roof by the sunroof. Nothing a paintless dent removal company cant sort later.

[Edited by NeilPUG on 14 May 2004 at 8:49am]