ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16mm Spacer's???

Bought a Clio Sport on Saturday, and when im driving it i get what i can only explain as a wobble, like as if a gust of wind has hit the car, mainly happens when at lower speeds.

Just wondering, could this be down to the fact the car is lowered 45mm on springs, has smaller tyres on front and has 16mm spacers on the front?

Would i benefit from taking the spacers off? Whats the actual use of spacers etc?

Thanks

130i Road, 172 Track
Check your wheel bolts are tight.

Check your shocks aren't stuffed/leaking.

Where's the wobble coming from? F-R? L-R?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Post a picture of the spacers, some types are lethal!

First thing to check is your passenger side front wheel bolts are tight, thats normally the one to come loose (well check them all, but its 99% that one)

Yeah they are tight, its the rear that seems to kick out, and the Spacers are Hubcentric one's, got the receipt with them.

As i say, its mainly when im on a flat surface, doing around 40mph and every now and then its just this wobble as if its windy.... Strange really.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Two types of hubcentric. Bolt on and bolt through. Either should be ok but bolt on is better really as less flex in the bolts so stays located better.