ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16GB 3GS or iPhone 4?

All relative really. Personally I think the screen alone is reason to upgrade. Other people won't be so bothered. I've ordered one anyway, along with a SIM cutter, so my contract will remain unchanged, and I'll hopefully qualify for a decent upgrade deal on my contract when the iPhone 5 is released, which will no doubt be better again, but still won't be good enough for the Apple haters because it'll be what the original iPhone should always have been. Not saying BB isn Apple hater BTW (he seems far too rational for that particular personality disorder). Just a general observation.

Clio Sport 172
All relative really. Personally I think the screen alone is reason to upgrade. Other people won't be so bothered. I've ordered one anyway, along with a SIM cutter, so my contract will remain unchanged, and I'll hopefully qualify for a decent upgrade deal on my contract when the iPhone 5 is released, which will no doubt be better again, but still won't be good enough for the Apple haters because it'll be what the original iPhone should always have been. Not saying BB isn Apple hater BTW (he seems far too rational for that particular personality disorder). Just a general observation.

It's the iPhone 4Gs apparently and is already in the pipe-line. I love apple products, but I'll be the first to admit that they are money hungry, they plan and design years ahead, but only release things bit at a time to make more and more money. They've probably got loads more ideas for the iPhone, some will come out on the 4Gs, some will be held back for the iPhone 5/6/7 whatever, but thats just the way they are........

I dont understand what this sim cutter is all about, if its to cut a standard sim down to micro sim size then I'm sorry but you've been fleeced, I just phoned o2, told them I'd bought an iPhone 4 direct from apple and needed a micro sim, the next day it arrived in the post for FREE!!!!!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
For the record I love the iPhone. I have no idea how I coped before. I had seperate satnav, ipod, phone, netbook for browsing, I had to check when I had new email, and it's made me cooler.

Not fleeced at all. I travel around a lot and buy all sorts of SIM cards. Some of which will need to be cut down no doubt. Plus it was like £7 so hardly worth calling Watchdog ;)

Clio Sport 172
Not fleeced at all. I travel around a lot and buy all sorts of SIM cards. Some of which will need to be cut down no doubt. Plus it was like £7 so hardly worth calling Watchdog ;)

Oh ok, fair play, if its for many sim cards then yeh, pointless for just one tho. Anyways welcome to the iPhone 4 club, hope you enjoy! p**n hub is great in High-Def :approve:

Honda civic ep2 05
Friend just sold his 3gs 16gb (year old) on ebay for £330 and then bought the iphone 4 for £450 also. He got more tha i thought he would anyway but to be honest it had never been out of a case and was perfect condition.

Never above 25mpg
but still won't be good enough for the Apple haters because it'll be what the original iPhone should always have been

3G and Video Calling were on phones pre-2005 that was my only gripe with the iPhone since release.

I can't justify the micro-SIM though as I change my phone more than most. Just sold my 3G to pay off my car a little and have gone to another phone.
Also going to the IOW festival yearly now I couldn't afford to take the iPhone incase of damage and the battery life.

Will be getting a 3GS sometime this week
which should be a pleasant upgrade from the 7610 I'm currently using. :eek:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
4GS eh? Wonders never cease.

Please PLEASE dont post bullshit on here. Unless its in dannys thread.

Golf GTD Mk7
The camera isn't really a big deal for me. Face time etc? Who cares? Video calling was s**t a few years ago when 3G emerged. It's still s**t, just because it's apple doesn't make a difference.
It's slightly quicker, but not massively more than my 3GS. And the fact that the screen doesn't lock effectively when on a call is a massive negative.

Like I said, it's better. But some people do buy into the apple marketing machine on a massive scale.

"our new phone. Revolutionary and awesome."

12 months later
"our new phone. Revolutionary and awesome because we added some features to our last phone. Features like a front facing camera and video calling. Omg! (please don't point out that these features have been commonplace for yrs)."

The design, ui etc are awesome. No one does it better imo. But they were awesome on the 3GS. It's small improvements, to a great product. But only small.

That's what I was trying to get at tbh. It's better, but in day to day life, there isn't much difference really. Yeah bits are better, but so much better you change and pay a fortune.

iPhone 4 destroys 3GS in every single department. It is beautiful. It's better before you even turn it on. The engineering and quality of it are amazing. Then there's the screen...SWOON.