ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

130k miles - too high?

Skoda Citigo/Octavia
Morning,

Seen a few with this amount of miles of late, some of them still 100% standard examples to.
Whats the most you would you pay for a 1*2 with this kind of mileage or would you just avoid?

I will only be covering around 3k a year myself.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Morning,

Seen a few with this amount of miles of late, some of them still 100% standard examples to.
Whats the most you would you pay for a 1*2 with this kind of mileage or would you just avoid?

I will only be covering around 3k a year myself.

All depends on condition. Has it had the belts done? any upgrades such as Recaro seats / different alloys etc etc?

If its in good condition I wouldn't avoid it thats for sure, the drivetrains are pretty good on the 1*2's.

Skoda Citigo/Octavia
Just waiting on the belt info, i am supposed be hearing from them before 10am.

So lets say, 12 months MOT, standard form 172, standard seats, wheels etc, zero mods, 130k with reasonably good body. With full or almost full history, including belts within last 2 years with proof.

What do you think is fair price?

Cheers

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
£1000, tops.
Don't listen to this guy.

Just waiting on the belt info, i am supposed be hearing from them before 10am.

So lets say, 12 months MOT, standard form 172, standard seats, wheels etc, zero mods, 130k with reasonably good body. With full or almost full history, including belts within last 2 years with proof.

What do you think is fair price?

Cheers

Phase 1 or Phase 2? What colour is also important!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Under 9k a year average (assuming its a 2003 model) is still resonable, the average car is likely to have high miles now, its an old car.

Skoda Citigo/Octavia
I had £1,500 in my head if the body was excellent, going by some comments on here though i should be looking to pay in between £1-1.5k

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Mileage isn't a big issue provided it's been looked after. Mine has done almost 140k and I am using it daily at the moment. In the 30-odd thousand miles I've drived it, it's had the belts done, regular servicing, the lambda sensors replaced and a set of injectors. The engines in them are pretty tough to be honest, so I wouldn't be put off by it, if the price is right and it's been cared-for.

Given what some people are asking for mint, low mileage cars, I would say that £1500 probably isn't far off the mark if it's in good order. Prices have climbed a bit recently.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
£1500 for a 130k 172 (standard) seems madness imo.

You can pick lower mileage 182’s for £2k ish.

Unless money is an issue and haven’t you looked for more expensive ones before? Me personally would just spend more and get a 182, as an example.

Unless the 172 was say £800 ish and not needing lots of course.

Listerine & Poledo
Interestingly enough
1526032236925.png

5 years ago, 172's advertised at £1500.

I know depreciation slows as cars become worth less, but it hasn't halted on these 14yr old french hatchbacks.

If it comes with £500 in the glovebox, sure, I'd pay £1500 for it.

Attachments

• 1526032221414.png
    1526032221414.png
    17 KB · Views: 37

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
It’s a dealer so yeah that’s why it’s that much. I’d expect or be happy to pay that for say a 80k one in good condition.

On here I’d expect that to be upto £1000, I just don’t see it at any more unless it’s got wheels seats etc.

Have you put a wanted thread up?

Skoda Citigo/Octavia
It’s a dealer so yeah that’s why it’s that much. I’d expect or be happy to pay that for say a 80k one in good condition.

On here I’d expect that to be upto £1000, I just don’t see it at any more unless it’s got wheels seats etc.

Have you put a wanted thread up?

I have done a wanted thread but no luck still mate

Been trying mate, nothing come up just yet, I'll be patient.

Suddenly im keen on a Monaco blue 172
I think to go see it, get in front of it & see if you like it, how it drives etc and if all of the history etc stacks up. Then see what you can get it for.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just be aware of the road-tax too. 182s are £290 per year now and I'm assuming that 172s are no different.

That said, current road tax values are weird anyway. Using 2018 numbers, by first Punto 1.6 8v Sporting would be £250+ per year. My next Punto 1.4 8v GT Turbo (which was far more polluting and the reason why Fiat pulled the plug on them) would barely be charged at £150.

So the faster, quicker, more polluting car can save you £100+ per year? Various pipes are clearly being smoked in some circles....

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
On the subject of prices, I think they have crept up a little. Or at least a lot of the cheaper cars have dried up. I paid £1350 for my 172 Cup four years ago. I've added 30k miles to it, put a dent in the side of it and have recently been offered £1300 for it, so it hasn't lost anything, despite being a worse car than when I bought it.

But, with people asking big bucks for low milers in certain colours, it's only natural that people ask more for higher mileage ones.

I'd buy on condition and ignore what model it is to be honest.

£1500 for a 130k 172 (standard) seems madness imo.

You can pick lower mileage 182’s for £2k ish.

Unless money is an issue and haven’t you looked for more expensive ones before? Me personally would just spend more and get a 182, as an example.

Unless the 172 was say £800 ish and not needing lots of course.

Why spend more for a 182? They're essentially the same car. The 182 just comes with an exhaust that won't sit straight lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Was just an example.

Or get a 80k (172)well maintained for similar (1750).

I’d personally get a nice 182.