ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

109mpg!

Volvo S60 D5

Just having a look at Parkers and they managed to achieve 109mpg @ a constant 56mph in the Clio 1.5 DCi !

Pretty impressive stuff!

What do DCi users get day-to-day / motorway?

I had one has a hire car for a week and a mixture of driving brought back something like 46.7mpg...not bad considering...I know they have potential for much higher but short-shifting and using the torque more..

Rob

Most I have had out of mine was 99mpg but that was cos the OBC only reads up to 99. That was filling up at a garage that happened to be at the top of a hill though lol.

Average for me is 52mpg.

65bhp DCi

I guess driving very very steady it could be possible. At my old company we had VW company cars and managed to get the average on a Bora TDI PD115 upto 73.6 after long run on A roads between 50-60mph in 6th.

Rob

In my dci 65 on a normal driving itr averaged around 60mpg and at 70 mph it was high 60s but at higher speed on the motorway you were talking high 50s, low 60s mpg.

raging the car you still got high 40s mpg

You may find that you can get the display to show 109mpg by coasting loads but its not really a true indication of it.

Volvo S60 D5

I didnt do it! Parkers did...

Its probably possible but not real world driving whatsoever.

In my T5 I can get it to give me a constant(ish) 35-37mpg @ 56mph, but that isnt "real world" driving. I normally average 18-22mpg. Same goes for my 1.4 16V Clio, I got that to do about 55-60mpg at that speed, although the average is usually between 40-45mpg!

I would imagine that parkers wouldnt rely on the fuel computer, as they are often out by a fair margin on most cars and wouldnt give a good comparision.

Only 109mpg? You need to slow down to 30mph realy to get the best in my experiance.

Ive adveraged 55mpg in mine in 37k but I do a load of long distance driving stuck behind trucks.

Ive still got to try and get under 30mpg, 31.5 is my current worst.