ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 VVT

Clio 1.6 16v VVT
Hey,

hoping someone can help, been searching all day!

I can't find ANY after market parts for a 1.6 16v dynamique S, I'm talking an exhaust, filter, manifold etc... Even as far as cams.

I know it is probably a waste of money but I'm just looking to make my car my own, does anyone have any idea where I can get some parts from, or what I should be searching for?

For example the GT brings up quite a few parts, but not sure if they would fit? I should think they would..

Anyways,

any help will be much appreciated :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
nothing much out for the engine as there isnt much to be had from tuning it without spending mega mega money. im sure catcams will do cams for it if you really wanted, although not a worth while way to spend your cash.

they remap quite well apparently! probably only around 7-8hp but not bad from an n/a engine.

k-tec used to do an exhaust manifold for them not sure if they fit the mk3 though

Clio 1.6 16v VVT
nothing much out for the engine as there isnt much to be had from tuning it without spending mega mega money. im sure catcams will do cams for it if you really wanted, although not a worth while way to spend your cash.

they remap quite well apparently! probably only around 7-8hp but not bad from an n/a engine.

k-tec used to do an exhaust manifold for them not sure if they fit the mk3 though

Ye it's a shame really, I could have/was going to get the 197 version or at least the GT version but ever so slightly out of my price range and I commute 100 miles a day round trip so fuel consumption was a biggy for me!

Not really looking for anything spectacular, just a little extra grunt. Even if its only 10-15bhp at max, the weight of the car will help the overall bhp/tonne.

It's just a case of sourcing parts for it, RStuning said they don't do a single part for it, only a map!

A map would be wasted with the standard restrictive exhaust and filter, so I'm looking to source those and a manifold and a map.

I'm hopefully looking then at a £700ish spend and a little extra power

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i wouldnt bother to be honest the 1.6 16v isnt really that much better on fuel than the 197/200! your £700 on exhaust and remap would easily pay for the 200 fuel and change in your pocket!