ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 16V clio

i am currently looking at a 1.6 dynamique 16v 3dr, was looking at a 172/182 insurance far to much

just wondered what the differences are on the 1.6's in the sense of extreme, billabong or dynamique

also is there a difference in the engine power bhp????

please help

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
think they have 110bhp, very nippy cars compared to a 1.2.

as far as i know they only did expressions and dynamiques, never seen another one but not 100% on that.
go for a dynamique mate, with aircon and electric sunroof!
wish i did when i got my second 1,2

BMW M135i
Extreme 1 is dynamique spec with a green/black interior which stairs very easily so avoid that one. Billabong same thing but red/black interior I think.

Dynamique is a dynamique, you get "sports" steering and suspension on the 1.6. Steering is more weighted and the suspension is slighty stiffer.

Polo + Micra
yeah go for the dynamique

mine came with cd player elec sunroof aircon and an alarm and rest of the usual bits

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
expression only went up to 1.4 16v, so no 1.6 16v expression.

no other model worth going for than the dynamique apart from the very rare/special initiale model

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
priviledge is the other 1.6 16v model!

i was wrong!!!

cheers people

anyone modified there engines on here on a 1.6 i

ie decat, exhaust, filter, what performance is it now pushing...

cheers people

anyone modified there engines on here on a 1.6 i

ie decat, exhaust, filter, what performance is it now pushing...

There not many onwers there one who got 135hp with cams plus exhaust manifld etc and the nromal other bits exhaust reamp etc.

alot of hard earned cash, think my g/f brother might be better of keeping what he has now then and wait till hes 21 with some no claims

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
£995 + vat for conversion kit, fitting done by myself so no labour costs.

manifold £300, decat £100, viper £250, headwork £300, internal work ive not had a quote for but all parts will be removed and refitted by my mate so also cuts labour costs down.

in total might come to about £3,000 once its completed. dont mind paying that though since im doing something different!

BMW M135i

manifold £300, decat £100, viper £250, headwork £300, internal work ive not had a quote for but all parts will be removed and refitted by my mate so also cuts labour costs down.

in total might come to about £3,000 once its completed. dont mind paying that though since im doing something different!

Going to be watching this with much anticipation. I'm going to get ideas from it i'm sure.

BMW F31

Going to be watching this with much anticipation. I'm going to get ideas from it i'm sure.

me too :D

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
loads of people keep telling me it wont be quick, but they are the same people who refer to a standard saxo vts or 106gti as "rapid" 1.6 16v is a pretty underestimated car, and when using a raised rev limit 0-60 will be a bit quicker even on a standard engine. get it running 130-140bhp and it will be quick enough for me :)

BMW M135i
I think its going to have plenty of potential, i've had a run in with a standard 106git and it wasn't that much quicker tbh was hardly anything in it until 80+ (4th gear basically) and we were both going for it.
Even had a surprising blast with a valver tonight.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yeah read the thread mate gave me a bit more inspiration to get it going lol.

hope to have it going by end of feburary just waiting on more funds coming in :)

Renault Clio mk2 RSi 16v
ive got the RSi 1.6 16v .
all ive done to mine is manifold , exhaust and k&n gen 2 and ive notice a differnce in the performance .
revs go goes much quicker and theres no flat spot in the rev range anymore .

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
ive got the RSi 1.6 16v .
all ive done to mine is manifold , exhaust and k&n gen 2 and ive notice a differnce in the performance .
revs go goes much quicker and theres no flat spot in the rev range anymore .

I've got a filter and zaust and i notice it being torquey'er mid range.. still not got ma decat on.. had it for nearly a year now! lol

i wanna get the decat on, some extra Cold Air Feeds in then go visit Pmurray to see what he can stretch out of it.

I'd be happy wi 125-130bhp wi 130-150N/m
I think they figures are do able without cams or headwork!

E36 M3. 182
Is there any reason for the redline being at 6.5k rpm, rather than 7 or 7.5? can the lump not handle it? or is it just mapped/cammed to suit popping down the shops, rather than giving it beans on track/strip?? Itd be interesting to hear what an expert has to say about the design of the engine as standard, and its usefulness for tuning. I read somewhere that 100 hp/litre is about as good as you can get out of a road car, so youd have thought thered be more to be had??

Polo + Micra
lol well i stuck mine in 3rd @ 110mph and it didn't go bang so it can't be that bad

and isn't the engine already around 147Nm of torque

E36 M3. 182
Has anyone got stats for similar cars for a comparison ( peak bhp, peak torque, weight, acceleration etc) maybe VTR, VTS, polo GTI, Zetec S ??

M

mini-valver

Ive got a simota twin charger IK with cold air feed in the fog light and prospeed cat back. Feels more pokey mid range and less restricted top end. Would expect to be still around 110-115bhp mark though. Got a supersprint de-cat to go on soon so see what that does to power, was talking to BenR about manifold work and a remap from Pmurray but unsure if its worth spending 4-500 on this engine when a 172 engine can be brought for that and fitted by myself for nothing apart from parts to put it in.....

All depends how much you can justify spending!

al

ST on the way...
lol well i stuck mine in 3rd @ 110mph and it didn't go bang so it can't be that bad

Kinda ditto..........stuck it in 2nd doing about 70mph coming down the main straight at Donington :S didn't do any harm tho.

Polo + Micra
oh yeah i've done that before aswell lol

mine was cos in the middle of the m4 lmao

Renault Clio mk2 RSi 16v
how did you mange to get 70mph in 2nd gear ?! ive only mange to get 60mph and about 90mph in 3rd .

have you had a re-map done to achive this ?

talking about cams , im looking to do this to mine in the summer when i get my bonus from work . is there any places around sheffield that can put cams in and set them up with a re-map ?