ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 Clio---> Megan 225

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

my m8s 19 in july and at the end of the summer hes gonna try and get a megan 225 out of his dad... wot u rekon? i mean, hes already sed yes to spending £20k (and his dad can get 30% off megans) on a car for him, but im not sure how much theyll quote him, and if theyll quote him at all for insurance! grp 17 init?

hes got one 3 points for speeding and he had a bump a while ago but it wasnt his fault and i dont think they went thru insurance.

ne guess how much it will b on the ins? coz as i sed, his dad bought him his 1st car and won mind spending £14ish his 2nd car.

-phil-

(oh and his dad is loaded, he had a "bad" year last year and only made £140k b4 tax, and that wasnt including his other business!)

Yep no reason why they couldnt get insured there a Cup owner on here at 19 who pays £4k and a Megan RS is only 1 group higher insurance and he is a yr old (so about 15% cheaper insurance due to his age assuming same NCB).

Id expct him to be paying between £3k and £4k though. but will depend on whos insurance its under ie business plus the amount he drives plus what he does for a living and where he live (probably as safe area if his dads loaded) plus NCB.

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

well, my m8s 19 in july as i sed, and hes been held back a year so hes doing his alevels next year. (he was also held back wen he was younger i think, which is y hes so old for a lower sixth student!) his area is alright, and he lives down a little lane with only a few houses. and their the type of people who dont always bother locking their cars wen they leav them in their drive- faulse sence of security?!?!?!

It must be AMAZING if your dad will treat you to these kind of things .... BUT ... I am now 31 and I can honestly say that although I would have LOVED a car like this ... I would have killed myself in it.

I should add that I think (perhaps wrongly) that I am a decent driver and always have been (for my age) but if I was his dad I would peronally NOT get him a car like this!!! .. VERY VERY irresponsible!

[sorry ... old fart input ... buy him a nice audi/bmw or something instead with better quality but less power ... surely the young birds would be more impressed!!]

Craig

P

peterh2

Least its supposed to be quite good in a crash for when he crashes it I suppose...

Quote: Originally posted by nuppy on 14 June 2004

craig you are wise beond your years.
Oi! .. youre younger that me!!! ;)

Seriously though ... do you other guys really believe crash ratings make you safe!!?!??? ... they ONLY make you safer in a proportionate crash! The problem is that you can get to VERY quick speeds VERY quickly in the 225 (or 182 for that matter!)

THAT will kill you and the crash ratings will stand for NOTHING!

If I were a rich dad I would give my son a nice Audi A3 or something similar!

(Sorry to ur mate)

Craig

well i hope the five stars the car got impresses the doctor that is trying to get your brain back in your head :cry:

Got to agree about the comments about being ready for the power, I went from a 1.1 to a 1.6 si fiesta @ 19 and nearly killed myself down a country lane. I know its not the fastest car on the road but for an inexperienced driver it was too much.

Not old bangers just slow ones i dont mind young people having fun (im only 29 for fu*k sake) but i do worry abiut them running me over on the way back form the offie

Octavia VRS

forget that last comment, i forgot he currently has a 1.4 clio. If only I had a rich daddy, some of us have to pay for things ourselves.........ouch bitchy!!