ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 TCE

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
I've put down a deposit on a one year old Clio 1.2 TCE Dynamique and I'm going to see it tomorrow.

Can anyone that owns one/has driven one give me a heads up to what they are like? I'm turning 18 in about 4 weeks time and I'm trading in my '03 1.2, is there much of a difference?

Cheers

soon to be 182 ;)
whats insurance like on this? and there will be a difference it will be a bit quicker, nothing like a sport tho

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
well i'm £1400 a year roughly for my 1.2 and the insurance on this is only gonna be an extra £34 a year :p

130 bhp 1.2
I've put down a deposit on a one year old Clio 1.2 TCE Dynamique and I'm going to see it tomorrow.

Can anyone that owns one/has driven one give me a heads up to what they are like? I'm turning 18 in about 4 weeks time and I'm trading in my '03 1.2, is there much of a difference?

Cheers

ive had one for about 3 months now its a mk.3 1.2 tce, i had a mk.2 1.2 dynamique and i guarentee you will notice a difference i did straight away! its alot faster accelerating and you will find you can drive in higher gears alot of the time and it will still pull without changing down. im 18 too and this car is alot quicker than any of my friends 1.2/1.4 cars im sending mine off to be tuned by k-tec racing soon but even now its a big step up from the standard clio. even though its a low pressure turbo its still a turbo :)

hope it helped.

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
ive had one for about 3 months now its a mk.3 1.2 tce, i had a mk.2 1.2 dynamique and i guarentee you will notice a difference i did straight away! its alot faster accelerating and you will find you can drive in higher gears alot of the time and it will still pull without changing down. im 18 too and this car is alot quicker than any of my friends 1.2/1.4 cars im sending mine off to be tuned by k-tec racing soon but even now its a big step up from the standard clio. even though its a low pressure turbo its still a turbo :)

hope it helped.

Great help, cheers! I guess i was just a little skeptical at first seeing as it's still only a 1.2 but it does have more bhp so I can imagine it being a lot better, I was contemplating this and an older one with the old 1.4 but I've heard that this is so much better. what sort of bhp can you get from re-mapping them?

Mini Cooper S
It's the equivalent of a 1.6 golf speed wise. Get some eibach -30mm lowering springs on there and colour code all the plastics. It's a shame you didn't get the Dynamique S. What you paying for it?

Mk2 Clio dci
Power of a 1.4, torque of a 1.6. Sensible step up tbh, you could probably see near 120 with a few simple mods n remap i reckon?

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
it's a dynamique s i was looking for initially but they're pretty scarce - i like the standard dyna though. lowering is definitely on the wishlist, looks like a tractor in the pics! £7,300 roughly I'm getting it for, 2010 '59 plate, 10k.

Slow red one
I used to own one, was a great car! Also came from owning a 1.2 and you'll notice a good acceleration difference which was fun and it has a lot more room in it from the mk2. Hope you enjoy it.

it's a dynamique s i was looking for initially but they're pretty scarce - i like the standard dyna though. lowering is definitely on the wishlist, looks like a tractor in the pics! £7,300 roughly I'm getting it for, 2010 '59 plate, 10k.

You can fit your head in the arch gap of the rear wheels, give it a go when you get it ;)

320d
I didn't find the one I drove massively different in terms of pace to the 1.2 16v MK2 I had at the time. It has more mid range shove and is a little bit quicker through the gears, it is noticeable but not hugely. Its a nice engine though, boosts from about 2000rpm and holds it nicely to 6000rpm. It just drives like a slightly bigger N/A engine with the torque slightly lower down.

I'm sure a remap will bring it to life though, even with 120bhp it would make a fun little car.

130 bhp 1.2
Great help, cheers! I guess i was just a little skeptical at first seeing as it's still only a 1.2 but it does have more bhp so I can imagine it being a lot better, I was contemplating this and an older one with the old 1.4 but I've heard that this is so much better. what sort of bhp can you get from re-mapping them?

ktec do a stage onetuning package wich is the same for the twingo gt, you should be looking at about a 15 to 20 bhp gain, if u do that dont waste your money on an induction kit because they replace the panel filter while remapping. deffinately lower it mate it will handle better put some 16" wheels on it and get a decent pipe fitted you will not regret it:) im sending my clio off to ktec in the next few weeks so there will be pics on here as soon as i get it back.

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
well i took one for a test drive and i have to say i absolutely loved it! the torque was just not what i expected at all, great handling, plus it looks brilliant with the bigger wheels too.

picking it up tomorrow ;)

M135i
i have one, really nippy cars for the engine size tbh, my mate has the mk3 1.4 and it is quite faster than his quite abit

dynamique s turbo

hope it helped.
how much was your remap by k tec?thinking of getting mine done was it worth it how much did it give u bhp wise?cheers

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Got one in last week, sold it within a couple of days. Great car tbh, quite quick too. I was very suprised :)

Dan

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
nope starts boosting from a smudge under 1500rpm and then you get a big kick from 2000rpm when it goes on full boost, i think the 86 just uses a fixed geometry turbo.

Clio RS 200 Gordini
nope starts boosting from a smudge under 1500rpm and then you get a big kick from 2000rpm when it goes on full boost, i think the 86 just uses a fixed geometry turbo.

Test drove a 1.2 TCE yesterday, It kicks in 100% at 3000RPM.